1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hunahpu's Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by menkros, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Then let the people who work there worry about it. If you are going to spend your morning patrolling ebay, you want to consider getting a life.

2. sbxx

sbxx Savant (465) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

^^your username is beyond fitting.

3. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

FWIW, there's now 17 ads on eBay. Before, there were 17. Not sure if it was your ratting them out, or someone pulled their ad (or it expired). I'm guessing it's the latter. If eBay was pulling one, they'd pull them all.

4. chrisp450

chrisp450 Savant (300) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

Was just at CCB and they were putting more bottles out. Not sure if that is a surprise to anyone, but I grabbed a couple. Now hopefully they don't get confiscated before they get to me on my cruise...

5. sbxx

sbxx Savant (465) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

I reported 19 earlier. The list shrank to 10. I clicked some of the old links and sure enough, deleted.

Droppin' like flies...

That "freezing morning" Craigslist putz is relisting and now trying to sell an unopened bottle as a "collectible." haha. What a dipshit.

6. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

Wow... Very mad at myself for not stopping in there this morning when retrieving my car, sounds like I could have gotten more bottles. bummer.

7. stouts4me

stouts4me Savant (410) Illinois Oct 9, 2011

Hell, I left at 12:30, and they were still on the 3-fer, gold bands, plenty 'o beer for all, next year sleep in, arrive at 11:30, get a gold band, a few beers, but bring something good to share while in the snakeline for beers, so u don't dehydrate, should be some food trucks open, or bring a sack lunch, sounds like a plan. Pro'lly fly down. (Right Jason?)

Moz likes this.
  8. joshodonn

has anyone been in to the tasting room tonight? are they still selling bottles? I have a business trip tomorrow but can change my flight to later in the day if there's any chance they'll still have some when they open in the morning... would love to get some more.

9. They sold out of Huna bottles earlier today. Got 9 yesterday and rolled by this morning and got 6 more. By 2ish they were all gone.

10. Stugotzo

So, does anyone know the actual total production amount? I'm thinking well over the 14,000 that was the potential going to those with wristbands.

Sounds more like 20,000 bottles (or more)

11. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) Florida May 25, 2012

Got 18 bottles of this years, plan on drinking 9 and trading the other 9, what an amazing weekend with pegs on friday, huna day on saturday, and an amazing event today at 7venth sun!

Cbaum11, CaseyB23, KVNBGRY and 3 others like this.
  12. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

You must be very proud of your mules....and yourself :)
    Nice haul.

13. ksurkin

ksurkin Savant (250) Virginia Jan 9, 2009

i'd be happy to take a couple of those 9 off your hands ;) if you are interested...

14. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (780) Florida Feb 1, 2012

14000. There were not as many people there as they expected.

15. Stugotzo

Musta been the "freezing morning" followed by the "sunburned afternoon". o_O

16. Lare453

I got there at 11pm the night before. It was fucking cold. 47 with 80% humidity so it felt like the high 30s. And as for sunburned. Yes. Look at my poor bald spot... It's so red and its going to peel.

17. Stugotzo

You sound too old to be drinking. Let me help you out by taking your Hunahpu off your hands. ;)

18. Lare453

I went bald at 23... But I'm not very old at all...

19. Stugotzo

The offer still stands. :D

P.S. I got in line at 6:30.... wearing shorts and a t-shirt.... next to a bunch of people looking like they were set for an expedition to the South Pole.

P.P.S. I shave my head. I refuse to admit that I'm "bald". :confused:

adamdd likes this.
  20. joshodonn

I too am willing to help if anyone has any buyers remorse....I only got my 3 bottles but would love a couple more.

21. mondegreen

mondegreen Savant (410) Georgia Nov 4, 2009

The number of people looked about the same as last year, which really confuses me because ALL of the lines moved faster last year.

Whatever. I'm glad the crowd didn't hit CCB's expectations. It was beyond ridiculous as is.

Finatic likes this.
  22. manutdfan

No mules, just dad and i going to all the events, was able to buy a case at 5, also scored a few 2012 huna's with in person trades to replenish my stock of last years.

Lare453 and BeRanger like this.
  23. I was told more like 18-20k the morning after.

24. tpd975

tpd975 Advocate (545) Florida Aug 1, 2006

It was 13000 and some change. I was given the exact number by Joey at Hunah day but my memory sucks. Fire marshal estimated the crowd at 7000 at its peak. That's a lot of people buying beer, tokens, and bottles. All things considered I think they did a good job this year managing the crowd. Like Sean I gave up my day of drinking to jump in and help where JWs beers were being poured. It was a long but fun day.

augustg likes this.
  25. manutdfan

Did you go last year, it was so much more organized, you had the taplist and locations before you walked in and knew exactly where to go for everything. The main problem was not know where the specialty 1 pm tap locations were going to be, i took a guess that vanilla dark lord and ba cherry stout would be by the dbl trailers and lucky my pops and i got to try both, got the second to last pour of the vanilla dark lord!

CraftEyeDoc likes this.
  26. hoppy99

hoppy99 Aficionado (195) Florida Feb 28, 2009

It still tastes rare.

27. mondegreen

Yes, this was my third year. Was the least well run/organized of the three, IMO. I was at the front of the line when DL kicked. Would have probably gotten a pour if all those assholes hadn't run up to the table on the left at 12:58. Also, the woman in line with the baby stroller was the dumbest bitch I've seen in a long long time.

kpanter, manutdfan and CraftEyeDoc like this.
  28. I wanted a Hunahpu glass but was too slow on the draw and they ran out before I could snag one.

29. AGREED!!!! I was like WTF?!?!

30. They were selling by the case after 5pm last year too. It's still rare if you don't have any!

31. ucis

ucis Aficionado (165) Minnesota Dec 4, 2010

So good, the ghost of Hunahpu himself wore white to his own wedding.

inkdemention likes this.
  32. KVNBGRY

KVNBGRY Advocate (565) Florida Aug 1, 2012

Anyone do the 7venth Sun Hunahpu's hangover? How was it?

33. Peg's was amazing!!! The tap list was sickness!!!

deezy23 and RayUF07 like this.
  34. RayUF07

RayUF07 Advocate (635) Florida Sep 22, 2012

Yes it was!

[​IMG]

frankthetank86 likes this.
  35. It was as advertised... A RARE EVENT!

frankthetank86 likes this.
  36. manutdfan

7venth Sun Hunahpu Hangover was fantastic, got there early and tried everything, including the buddy brune coffee tasting, the mayan chocolate doughnut hunahpu was arguably the best beer of the whole weekend!

Cbaum11, KVNBGRY and thecraftculture like this.
  37. mondegreen

Did you stay around for the Chili Vanilli? I thought it was the star of the Peg's lineup.

38. What's the story here? Or is it just that she brought a baby in a stroller to a beer release.

39. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

The baby was her mule, stroller was her way she cut in line.

40. I scored 6 bottles, live in SC. Any one looking to trade?