1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hunahpu's Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by menkros, Oct 2, 2012.

1. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

They sold out of Hunahpu snifters? Darn, looks like we won't be seeing them in the web store then... :(

2. Pretty much so... The "line," if you can call it that for Vanilla DL was crazy and she had her baby in the stroller wiggled up to the front. The mob of people had to part like the Red Sea to allow her to even get out. Just not the best place to take your baby when there is a mob of drunk people pushing trying to get a very limited amount of beer.

Rutager likes this.
  3. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I wasn't there and only based my comment on what I've seen at other releases. Rediculous.

4. BrewReed

BrewReed Aspirant (25) Florida Mar 5, 2013

I was able to grab 6 bottles and have one left, after trading with friends, to trade. I'm new to BA and don't have the privileges to offer up a trade yet. I too wasn't able to get my hands on the Vanilla DL. Got there way too early!! I was wondering if anyone in FL would have and be willing to trade 1:1 a DL '12? I live up toward Ocala and would be willing to drive and meet up with someone.

5. jp11801

jp11801 Savant (265) Florida May 27, 2005

This year felt more crowded than last year although they had a bit more room. I managed to get 15 bottles this year the same I managed last year. I'll have them in the trading room once I get my privileges. I prefered last years event to this year but this one was still a great time.

I avoided the beer trailer until the end of the event as the line was like Space Mountain during spring break. For me the beers of the day were the CCB Grapefruit sour and the Sculpin Habanero. Bummed I could not attend the 7 Sun Hangover event as they are my favorite new brewery.

6. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (735) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

very nice! enjoy.

Hotmetal1, xgeneralzodx and Schwantz like this.
  7. pinnser

pinnser Savant (270) Colorado Nov 2, 2012

This year was my first trip to Hunahpu day. Had no idea what to expect. Was in line at 6am to make sure I got a wristband. To be honest, could care less that they still had a ton later in the day. I don't think getting up that early and waiting in line was a waste at all. Part of the day is the experience. I had some Breakfast Stout before the sun rose, and met a ton of awesome people while waiting in line. Highlight of they day: friend of mine goes to wait in line for the bathroom, and comes back with a Westy and BCBS for $10 total. Moving to Denver soon so probably won't ever get to attend this event again, so I'm stoked I got the opportunity to at least attend once.

Kreko7 and Hotmetal1 like this.
  8. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

Ya think??????????

CraftEyeDoc likes this.
  9. ChugLife

ChugLife Aficionado (240) Colorado Aug 13, 2012

Can someone clarify for me [never been to Hunahpu day]. Are people allowed to bring in their own bottles to the event or are these non-cigar city bottles available via "token"?

10. Bring and drink what ya got.

ChugLife likes this.
  11. ChugLife

ChugLife Aficionado (240) Colorado Aug 13, 2012

Thats so awesome, so people were just cruising around with coolers full of beer?! I gotta go next year!

12. augustg

augustg Savant (290) Illinois Sep 15, 2011

Coolers, Chairs, Small Tables, Food. Pretty much as good as it gets at one of these releases if you came prepared.

Hotmetal1 and ChugLife like this.
  13. CaseyB23

CaseyB23 Disciple (70) Illinois Mar 6, 2013

hotmetal...i print the glassware for ccb. they are ordering more hunahpu glasses, so you should be able to buy from the online store in a few weeks.

deezy23, fritts211, ChugLife and 3 others like this.
  14. As mentioned, the Hangover Day at 7venth Sun was awesome. They are doing some great stuff there.

The Choc Doughnut Hunah was amazing, but the real surprise was the Maple Bacon Donut imperial porter (base beer called Chelsea Grin) from 7venth Sun...had low expectations after the awfulness that is Voodoo Donut, but they killed it with this one.

The Funky Buddha Jasmine Berliner was damned good too.

15. polisanl

polisanl Savant (260) Florida Aug 6, 2010

A friend and I have very unique snifters. You printed the Wakefield snifter right after the Hunah snifter, and the paint transferred over. It's a 2 in 1 snifter...