1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

I am going to be in Chicago for the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by jesseparker1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I am going to be in Chicago for the Super Bowl with my wife and another couple. Looking for a Craft Beer Bar that will be showing the game that is not going to be crazy. We are all craft drinkers going down there to have dinner at The Publican on Friday and hit up a couple other places.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. agwalters

agwalters Aficionado (175) Illinois Nov 10, 2006

I'd be all over Haymarket if I were you. It's reasonably close to Publican, it's BIG and has TVs everywhere. Best of all, they are turning out some of the best local craft brews around right now and always have a nice variety of guest taps going.
  3. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (450) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

If you go, get the Angels Envy barreled stout...it's amazing, just grabbed another growler tonight for the festivities
  4. I thought the SB was in New Orleans this year.
  5. aclara

aclara Aficionado (135) Illinois Mar 16, 2011

football season is officially over in chicago...:(
  6. aclara

aclara Aficionado (135) Illinois Mar 16, 2011

try the chicago beer examiner a couple of days before...Mark will probably list the events for that weekend
  7. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (300) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

Oh yeah, bars that have great craft beers, good TVs and not crowded for the Super Bowl.... uh... how about pick 2 out of 3....

Twisted Spoke also close to Publican, great tap list
  8. Billolick

Billolick Champion (790) New York Dec 20, 2003

try Piece Pizza & Brewery
    Quality beer, pizza and good for sports events
    RTrain12 and Flabbyjandro like this.
  9. I too will be in Chicago over Super Bowl weekend. Pumped to drink some great beer!
  10. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

Haymarket is a really good call. They have a well priced and curated beer list (home & guest) and decent food. They have plenty of TVs too.

If you're looking for an event, Chicago Beer Geeks is hosting one. It looks like Lagunutas is sponsoring so my bet is that it will be mostly their beer (and the reference on the info page to lemon drop shots does trouble me...). But if you want an all inclusive night, this would work.
    http://www.chicagobeergeeks.com/ai1...-present-the-superbowl-bash/?instance_id=1119