1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

I Need beer recommendations

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BeerBeerBeer, Feb 22, 2013.

1. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

The Duvel Tripel Hop @ the top and the St. Bernardus are both good choices.

2. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (330) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

Make sure you grab some of those Hamantaschens with your beer :)

burgundysmoke likes this.
  3. On the enlarged pic the label certainly looks the part but it does look like a bigger bottle than TH, its almost the same size as the Honey Dew beside it

4. I know, the one sitting in my cellar isn't that big... but there were different bottle sizes so who knows. If it really is a TH, I would definitely pick it up.

5. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (435) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

Pretty nice little shop, if I were you (like the lighter fizzy stuff) I would drink everthing from those 2 middle sections, I would start at the top and work my way down..and also buy their glassware. Cheers!

6. So basically I should go to the Belgian section above the Paulaner sign + pick up Brooklyn chocolate stout

7. That is a weird looking beer store.

8. And that bottle that looks like Thomas Hardy Ale if that's what it really is.

9. This might be the best question ever asked on this site.

10. cjoc83

cjoc83 Savant (470) Pennsylvania Jul 31, 2010

Try St. Bernardus 8. Awesome Abbey Dubbel. The 12 (a quad) might be a bit much for you if you're not into "heavy beers".

11. Glad to help.

I recommend beer. In fact, I recommend it quite highly.

12. Here are my recommendations - 4 very good beers, but all different styles.

This one - closest shelves in photo - 4th shelf from top - next to the Newcastle
    [​IMG]

This one - center shelves - 4th shelf from top - center/right, next to the Leffe
    [​IMG]

This one - top shelf center/right:
    [​IMG]

And whatever you do, don't forget this one...
    Top shelf - center stage - WHERE IT BELONGS!
    [​IMG]

Don't drink any of them very cold - 45/50
    And the quad will change greatly over time, if you drink it slowly.

~ Cheers

13. 2 things:

1) is nobody curious about what is in the red lined compartment in the bottom right of the photo? intrigued!

2) am I the only one scared of how narrow those shelves are? Maybe it is because I am from California.

14. I just noticed 3 more Thomas Hardy Ales in the bottom right corner, just above the steel pan.

15. The Franziskaner is a great hefeweizen, and I would recommend it

16. Thanks for the recommendations, gonna check out the store tomorrow.

Just a question - Is Thomas Hardy really THAT good? It cost A LOT - about 12$ for a 250ml bottle...

17. mcrago

mcrago Savant (390) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

I was going to make a smart ass comment about the selection, but since he said it was in Israel, I'll keep my comments to myself. Buy the Duvel.

18. Someone should totally troll this board and post a picture like this with one white whale thrown in there

19. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

I'm glad that is not my beer store.

20. mweso2000

mweso2000 Savant (335) Georgia Apr 10, 2010

The middle shelf!