1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

If you could get this ONE beer all the time...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by FEUO, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

I don't want to play this sick, twisted game.

nate8767, luwak, TheBoog013 and 4 others like this.
  2. Short's Cup of Joe is a no brainer for me. I could drink this shit no matter what the season.

Marti403 and abraxel like this.
  3. joeebbs

joeebbs Savant (360) Pennsylvania Apr 29, 2009

Bitburger Premium Pils

4. I reserve the right to amend my answer in the future, but for right now my answer would be Troegs Nugget Nectar.

WagonCircler likes this.
  5. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

PtE on tap at the brewery is simply unbelievable. I don't think I will be in the mood to drink PtE on a daily basis, but it (when fresh) certainly lives up to its hype, imo.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (465) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

Founders Breakfast Stout

7. Hop Stoopid... or DFH 75, gotta retry that this week.

8. Zombie Dust is a good choice. That or New Glarus Moon Man.

9. Yazoo-Gerst. I simply fell In love with it. Good sessionable ABV, and pairs well with just about everything.

10. Brandy Barrel Hunahpu. I would take a bath in this shit

luwak likes this.
  11. Correction, Lagunitas Sucks.

12. Jwren5

Jwren5 Savant (300) Illinois Aug 26, 2011

This is hard because I change my mind depending on what mood I'm in. Zombie dust would be at the top of my list.

13. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Heady is a little too high on the ABV/aggressive side to be the sole beer I could consume, so I will have to go with Zombie Dust.

14. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Understood. But the question I posed was for a beer you CAN'T get all the time.
    Tired of hearing from everyone who lives across the street from Russian River and Hill Farmstead. :p

15. This is always so easy for me, NB Le Terroir. Sour & Hoppy

luwak and checktherhyme like this.
  16. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

A constant tap of '96 Iris.

17. I hate this game, it hurts to think about.

BierGartenok likes this.
  18. Right now I am in love with Columbus IPA. If I could get it fresh all the time I would always drink it. I am only able to get it 2-3 times a year, by the case.
    Enjoy

19. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

NG Stone Soup

20. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (385) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

So, the question is, which beer that I don't have access to, do I want to be the only beer I have access to?

I don't know. Someone send me some Pliny, Heady, Tocobaga, Jal Alai, and Moloko, and maybe I'll have an answer.

In fact, the only answer I think I probably could even give right now is Zombie Dust. Unless we count seasonals? I can't get Nugget Nectar ANYTIME, but when it's in season I always have enough to bathe in.

21. Zach136

Zach136 Advocate (555) Georgia Jun 17, 2012

Would never do it voluntarily... but gun to my head Gumballhead. I would be very very sad.

22. Tough Question at the moment probably Hoponious Union.

Id be ok with Union Jack, Racer 5 or Lunch.

Rekrule likes this.
  23. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (620) Florida May 25, 2012

Moat Water

24. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

25. abraxel

abraxel Savant (385) Michigan Aug 28, 2009

Wow, I've seen plenty of times that people don't read the OP, but this might be the first time the OP didn't read the OP :p

(Just pokin' fun, but you didn't say the answer had to be something you can't get all the time :))

To answer the question, I'd probably have to go with Heady Topper, and IPAs aren't even my favorite style! I'm usually a malty kind of guy, but there's something about Heady Topper that just floors me each time I drink it.

luwak, FEUO and HeyJim like this.
  26. Just make sure you're getting a lifetime supply of a good batch!

franklinn likes this.
  27. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I came here to say HF Abner, but I agree with Juicy....

cfrances33 likes this.
  28. The Abyss 2008... or any other year...

WassailWilly likes this.
  29. Something fresh (cask) from Black Sheep in North Yorkshire. I love their Best Bitter (3.8%) and Riggwelter (5.9%), but in terms of something sessionable but with a bit more heft, I might have to shoot the difference and go with their Special Ale (4.4%). I could gladly go into my local (if only I had one) every day for the rest of my life and order a pint or two of Black Sheep Ale, and die a happy man.

As for something reasonably available in the States, I'd go with bottled Riggwelter or Special Ale (SO LONG AS IT WAS FRESH!)...the freshness issue has, sadly, made me swear off buying these on this side of the pond :(

jmw likes this.
  30. Combination of drinkability, flavor, and rarity? I'd say Pliny but I'm starting to drink Pliny at least five times a month. Row 2, I've realized, is actually harder to find and it's even more sessionable. And I've only ever seen it on tap.

31. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Seriously, this beer floored me, and I got it through sheer dumb luck and a sweetheart of a trading partner. I couldn't believe how good this stuff was.

cfrances33 and franklinn like this.
  32. Tkolar

Tkolar Aficionado (115) New Jersey Oct 23, 2011

I think that is agreed upon as part of this game :) At least i hope.

33. Jules11788

Jules11788 Savant (390) California Feb 15, 2011

Zombie Dust or Knuckle Sandwich

ezperkins2 and franklinn like this.
  34. jmw

jmw Savant (430) North Carolina Feb 4, 2009

JWLees Vintage Harvest ale. Any vintage, but straight up (not the barrel variants)

35. Speedway Stout or Double Bastard off the top of my head.

36. Loterbol blond

37. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) Florida May 25, 2012

Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter

38. Something sessionable that i cant get easy, would be blind pig, i enjoy that more the pliny. As far as one beer for rest of life, probily flower power

39. This.