If you dont get KBS this year, it'll be ok.

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Vav, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trginter

trginter Pundit (755) Dec 1, 2008 Michigan

Stats
    Starts at $12 for a 12.5oz. tulip. Got down to $10.25 before the market crashed. I got it for $6.25 on a crash tonight.

2. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,103) Apr 21, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Damn, son! I'm gonna haveta stop bitching about the, like, 10 kegs max I'm gonna be dealing with... Y'know what? Hugs all around, KBS success or not!

3. dvelcich

dvelcich Zealot (605) Feb 6, 2008 Illinois

Will there be a one hug per person limit? I better call and get on the list.

4. Lansman

Lansman Savant (1,104) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

People are already lining up outside Castle Vav and they have yet to post the limit on number of hugs per customer. No list.

5. 2BDChicago

2BDChicago Zealot (556) Nov 21, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

iso: KBS
    ft: vital organs (gently used), small children (semi well behaved), pet dog (friendly&loyal), dignity, and common sense

6. ClubberLang

ClubberLang Crusader (422) Jun 1, 2007 Illinois

How many of those 135 are kegs of green Miller Lite, and how many are Guinness/Harp/Smithwicks/other Irish beers? My guess is a strong lean to the one who has the terrible "Chi-Rish" advertising campaign again this year.

7. wingedeel

wingedeel Savant (1,156) Nov 17, 2005 Indiana
    Trader

I NEED my KBS man. I camped out all night in the God damned cold,got fucking drunk the next morning on rare beers I dont even remember,puked them all over and got half digested McDonalds stuck in my mutton chops,kicked some dudes ass for cutting in line,then finally,hours later I only got HALF A FUCKING CASE ! Fuck Founders dude.

8. trginter

trginter Pundit (755) Dec 1, 2008 Michigan

*insert Can't Tell if Serious Meme Here*

9. Tony412

Tony412 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2012 Michigan

I'm going to need you to up the ante.

10. CWBlues

CWBlues Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Indiana

Does this include the first born?

11. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

Sounds like you had a great time!!!

Get over yourself

12. Orchids

Orchids Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2010 Illinois

ISO:

ChadlyG likes this.
  13. Orchids

Orchids Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2010 Illinois

I remember during the CBS release the Naperville Binnys finally broke down and put up a sign saying they were out.

14. JohnnyTightLips

JohnnyTightLips Initiate (0) May 30, 2009 Illinois

I remember that sign, showed up at around 10 a.m., think it was a Thursday, did that store even get any?

15. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

This was worse than CBS for me.

16. BeRanger

BeRanger Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011 Michigan

The store that I called earlier seemed pissed when I called and asked - I can only imagine how many calls he was getting.

17. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Illinois

What happened?

Why the hell are people going so crazy for this beer? Sure, it's great but is it THAT much better than CW BB Stout? Which is on every single shelf at every single Binnys? KBS is better but not enough to justify what is going on out there. I'm proud to say I missed out on KBS 2012 because it means I didn't have to sacrifice my dignity for a beer.

18. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Oh you know, the usual...being deigned a sexist because i denied a couple 2 bottles, e.g. one per household in an effort to spread the beer around as much as possible.

And i have no clue. It's just beer.

Benjiehorn likes this.
  19. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Illinois

Ha, wow. I missed out today, but it always made me smh when I would see guys drag there girlfriend/wife to wait in line at your store so they can grab 2 bottles. I commend you for shutting it down. Any talk of a Binnys-wide policy for these type of releases so your store doesn't get hammered? Maybe tie the one bottle limit to the patron's Binnys card?

20. thereal

thereal Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2010 Illinois

I have to attest that I didn't even bother trying this year, and I am much happier for it. I would love to have some, but it's really not worth the effort. It was easier to get Bourbon County this year, which is a better example of a similar style. If they really do distribute three times as much (although with wider distribution...) I will try to grab 4 in '13, as long as I do not have to deal with the horseshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.