Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Quebec I'm vacationing in Montreal... where should I stop?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mynie, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mynie

mynie Champion (770) Massachusetts Jun 22, 2004 Verified

The title pretty much says it all. Are there any must-visit beer places in or around the city?
  2. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Advocate (720) Vermont Apr 9, 2009 Verified

Dieu du Ciel! and take the short trip to Chambly, visit the fort & Bedodaine. Oh yeah and the tittie bars on St. Catherine Street.
    Seany likes this.
  3. seblp

seblp Savant (300) Quebec (Canada) Feb 9, 2010 Verified

Like youbrewidrink said, Dieu du Ciel! is a must. L'Amère à boire is another great spot for exceptional lagers. Benelux, nice brewpub (special cask beer every Thursday). This tool can help too.
    Enjoy your stay!
  4. seblp

seblp Savant (300) Quebec (Canada) Feb 9, 2010 Verified

5. papat444

papat444 Poobah (1,530) Quebec (Canada) Dec 28, 2006 Verified

seblp likes this.
  6. andrenaline

andrenaline Advocate (550) Ontario (Canada) Nov 14, 2009 Verified

I too will be in Montreal with my wife (Jan. 25-28), and then staying a few extra days for work (until Jan. 30). Thanks for the tips. Plan on taking advantage of the suggestions!! Thanks! :D
  7. LarryAppleton

LarryAppleton Savant (350) Quebec (Canada) Dec 1, 2012 Verified

Vices et Versa is also a nice little bar that has a ton of local beer on tap. You can see on their site what's available, although here on BA there are so few reviews of the quebec stuff that you'll have to decide on your own what to have
  8. gnourry

gnourry Initiate (15) Jan 23, 2013