1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

In San Marcos this Saturday with the afternoon free--open to suggestions

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by elNopalero, Feb 29, 2012.

1. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (675) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Hey folks,

I've had the opportunity to enjoy myself at several places in and around Austin (and that's from someone living in San Anto right now) but my time in Tejas is running out and it looks like I'll only have a few more opportunities to explore the area before I move away. Buuu.

As it stands I've visited
    Root Cellar/Darkside (San Marcos);
    Middleton + Wimberly Brewing (Wimberly);
    Faust Brewing (New Braunfels);
    Real Ale (Blanco);
    Jester King, Thirsty Planet, Independence, Hops&Grain, Uncle Billy's, Black Star, Draughthouse, and Live Oak (Austin);
    and of course Freetail, Ranger Creek and Blue Star in San Anto.

I'll be in San Marcos Saturday morning with the afternoon free. I'll have an early start and could conceivably make it on time to some places with midday tours (yay!)... and get a decent cup of coffee before going, but that's a different story. So, friends, what am I missing? What are your 'must visits' before I have to leave? Gotta say I've enjoyed my year here and the growth of the craft beer community!

2. nate8767

nate8767 Aficionado (195) Alabama Nov 1, 2011

It seems like this will be the most attended freetail release ever. Even if you've been to one before, this will probably be out of control. Maybe join after San Marcos?