1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

In Seattle for 48 hours. Where should I go?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by patkorn, Jan 11, 2013.

1. patkorn

patkorn Aficionado (210) California Aug 30, 2007

Hey all. Going to Seattle for a weekend. Staying in Belltown. Looking for good breweries/restaurants/beer bars to check out while there. Suggestions?
  2. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (290) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

The Brooklyn for flights and oysters. The flights cover a wide range....oysters, beers, vodkas, whiskey, tequilla, ports, etc. Some flights come with an oyster pairing for each drink. No need for a meal the oysters and drinks are where it is at.
  3. mynie

mynie Advocate (685) Indiana Jun 22, 2004

I had a really, really, really nice time at Rogue's Issaquah brewhouse. The downtown was lovely, but the service at most of the places we went was snooty and I felt really out of place, like they could smell my poverty. Once I got to Issaquah it was all big trees and happy smiles.
  4. In town for only 48 hours, I would skip Issaquah. Will you have a car?

In Belltown my favorite place to drink is Bambinos. Check their Facebook or Twitter for draft updates
    https://twitter.com/BambinosSeattle

Capitol Hill is a long walk/quick cab/bus away and you could check out The Pine Box/Elysian/Quinns for beers and food.

Bottleworks is in Wallingford and would be a quick bus/cab away
    Brouwers and Fremont Brewing in the Fremont neighborhood
    Whole Foods downtown for bottles to take back
    bifrost17 likes this.
  5. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Go catch a Sonics game!

Edit: Sorry Libbey :(
    mynie likes this.
  6. Brouwer's Cafe and Chuck's Hop Shop are a must.
    Noble Fir in Ballard is also a great beer bar but has less tap options than Brouwers or Chucks.
  7. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

8. Issaquah is far!
  9. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,025) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Now that was uncalled for.
    libbey, bifrost17 and pschul4 like this.
  10. beertunes

But, Seattle might be getting the Royals from Sacto. They have the same number of championships. Plus they'd get to hang Oscar Robertson's jersey.
  11. draheim

I'll always miss the good old days: Shawn Kemp, The Glove, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef Schrempf, George Karl... and of course this guy.

[​IMG]

I also miss seeing Jeff Ament in his regular seat at every game...
    sliverX, libbey and mv945 like this.
  12. beertunes

I can't stand the current state of the NBA (it's almost as boring as soccer and golf), and I probably didn't live here when that picture was taken, so I have no idea who that is. I was however, a Washington Bullets (none of that Wizards nonsense) fan when the Chronics beat them for Seattle's only top level championship. Man, Wes Unseld is still my favorite cager.
  13. draheim

Sam Perkins, aka Big Smooth.
  14. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Whatever you do, don't go to Issaquah. It's nice to wave at on the way to Snoqualmie Pass, but unfathomable to actually exit the highway for.
  15. Friend of mine played on his bar's basketball team. Occasionally he'd play with them. :)
  16. draheim

Unless you're going here. Pretty good BBQ by NW standards, and always some tasty Boulevard beers on tap.
  17. Latona Pub, Fremont Brewing, Big Time Brewing, The Pine Box, Brave Horse Tavern and Uber.
  18. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Since you're staying in Belltown I HIGHLY recommend checking out Bambinos, it's a pizza place/craft beer bar, always something awesome on tap there, plus a very generously priced and awesome bottle list. I'd also recommend checking out Red Papya in lower Queen Anne......the best craft beer bar that nobody in Seattle knows about.....I guess until now.
  19. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Nailed it! I think we should just copy and paste this response to any future "visiting Seattle" threads.