1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

In St. Louis for the weekend

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by lookrider, Mar 7, 2014.

1. lookrider

lookrider Savant (390) Pennsylvania Apr 22, 2007

I'm here in St. Louis for 3 days and I'm staying at the Renaissance Grand on Washington Ave. can anyone recommend a craft beer bar within walking distance. Thanks guys
  2. Check out Bridge Tap House at 10th & Locust, Hair of The Dog on Washington. Good beer selection at both.
  3. drmcleod10

drmcleod10 Savant (465) Missouri Oct 14, 2013

definitely check out 33wine by the chocolate bar

Amazing selection and they have several sommeliers

James the owner will bring you into his cellar
  4. lookrider

lookrider Savant (390) Pennsylvania Apr 22, 2007

Thanks for the advice guys
  5. Lukahn

Lukahn Aficionado (145) Missouri Apr 13, 2012

Bailey's Range is close to Bridge which has a bunch of local taps on. You are also really close to Schlafly Tap Room which always has some awesome casks on.

If you are in town this weekend you should def try to hit up:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/334659

4 Hands is throwing their annual Lupulin Carnival which has a bunch of hop forward beers being showcased plus carnival activities.
  6. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

You are within walking distance of the Schlafly Tap Room and this weekend happens to also be their "Stout and Oyster Festival." Always a good crowd. Surprised nobody mentioned that.
    http://schlafly.com/events/calendar/2014/03/07/stout-oyster-festival-2014/
  7. 4hands lupulin carnival is Saturday from 2-6. It will be an awesome time
  8. I highly recommend Hair of the Dog. Cool, dive bar atmosphere, lots of arcade/bubble hockey/shuffleboard games, good bottle and tap list, and $2 Stag and PBR everyday. Haven't been since I lived downtown last summer, but most of the people are pretty cool there too.