1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Indeed - Let It Ride IPA

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Jan 20, 2014.

1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (615) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

It's coming to cans. Will this be a part of their year round lineup or a seasonal? Can't wait to try this!

[​IMG]
    MPLS, BeerBread, jimmah120 and 7 others like this.
  2. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

will bathe in that
    maximum12, Revenant and dzyneguru like this.
  3. MCImes

MCImes Savant (350) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

With as good as day tripper is, I cant wait for this!

Expected release date? Lets hope its a year round addition for them.

Indeed rules.
    Revenant likes this.
  4. Let it ride was fantastic last year, I hope it's year round.
    Revenant likes this.
  5. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

The website says it is a seasonal:(, and if on par with last years release it should be available sometime in April. I still remember my first sip of this at The Groveland Tap last year. I have been longing for it ever since. World class IPA IMO. So glad it will be available in cans. I'll be drinking this pretty much every weekend.
  6. I am just going to say this: Let it Ride is the best IPA in Minnesota. I doubt they will be able to make it year round for some years, securing high amounts of El Dorado and Mosiac hops ain't easy for the little guys. I think I am going to open up a new credit card and max it out on this stuff. I can't wait for the snow to melt and my taste buds to be shredded by this nector.
  7. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Definitely can not wait for this! Got two pints of it last year and have been waiting for it to come out again since. Would be awesome it was somehow at Beer Dabbler on Saturday...
  8. BottleCaps80

Is this spring seasonal then? Anybody know when this will launch to cans?
  9. BottleCaps80

Better than Abrasive!?! Not questioning your personal palate, but that's a big statement to say best IPA in MN? I've never had it, so curious to what to compares to.
    Miketwolf21 likes this.
  10. Revenant

Yes. Spring Seasonal will probably launch to cans in April.
  11. Revenant

I love Abrasive, but Let it Ride is another animal completely. It's a toss up for me. Both are just epic beers.
    Miketwolf21 and BottleCaps80 like this.
  12. Woah...easy there big fella.
    He said IPA, not IIPA.

Don't think Indeed can challenge Abrasive quite yet.
    SwinginParty, Ish1 and Hopsiam14 like this.
  13. In a perfect world Let it Ride would be the flagship, and Day Tripper would be the seasonal. Just splitting hairs though. Feeling very lucky to have this beer available in cans soon. Definitely a favorite.
    ballenc and MCImes like this.
  14. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

Nah, in a perfect world they are both year round flagship beers. Honestly, if they are able to source enough ingredients, I think they are foolish for not having Let it Ride as a year round offering. It blows away their other beers, and I'm a big fan of Day Tripper.
    SwinginParty likes this.
  15. Icarus

Icarus Aficionado (190) Minnesota Oct 6, 2012

Can't wait!
  16. I don't know how I missed it last year, but all this talk is getting me very intrigued.

I do love Day Tripper.
    Probably my favorite MN pale.
    Really excited to try Let it Ride.
    SwinginParty likes this.
  17. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (125) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

I'm very excited to try Let It Ride. It's going to be a great summer with Let It Ride and Saga in cans!
    SwinginParty and BottleCaps80 like this.
  18. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

So far, I've been nothing but impressed by Indeed. I wasn't a fan of either of their Autumn beers, but don't get me wrong- I thought they were good beers, just not my cup of tea. Day Tripper is especially lovely.
  19. I wish indeed would distribute down here in Roch. I personally thought this year's Stir Crazy was awesome
    supersly52 likes this.
  20. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Ditto. Any time I go to the cities I come home with some Indeed. Hopefully we see it down here soon...would love to see Day Tripper more places on tap...
  21. morimech

morimech Advocate (675) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

I think it is just a matter of time until that happens. I can know find Indeed cans and bottles west of the metro now. Always nice to pick up Midnight Ryder almost everywhere in the metro and surrounding areas.
  22. elshaggy

elshaggy Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 12, 2009

Indeed is still very young, its so exciting to see them growing and expanding and hearing of their plans of Barrel and Sour programs. Easily my favorite MN brewery from a creative and innovative standpoint.

Its all a matter of time, I'll be looking forward to my first taste of Let it Ride this spring!
    Miketwolf21 and McRyan like this.
  23. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (230) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Hadn't heard of the sour program!
  24. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (725) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

Maybe it's just me but I consider the DIPA's like Abrasive in a different realm....totally different drinking experience than with a regular IPA...
  25. elshaggy

elshaggy Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 12, 2009

I saw it in their desires for a new brewer in the job posting on their site. I am sure it is only in development stages right now.
    Miketwolf21 and McRyan like this.
  26. McRyan

Saw the Indeed owners having lunch with the JJ Taylor crew today. They may be partnering with them to do their distro!!
  27. It would be hard to compare this to Abrasive. I love that beer. If you have ever had an Abrasive then a Furious, you will know the insane that beer is. With that said, I was meaning a regular octane IPA.
    Abrasive always reminds me of fresh pineapple juice. Absolutely delicious, but it always tastes the very similar to me. Let It Ride is more complex in my eyes and truly changes as you get closer to the bottom of your glass. The mouthfeel is also divine, with just enough crystal malts to make a touch chewy but not to interfere with the brightness of the hops. I remember notes of mango, honeydew, pineapple, and even a touch of blackberry.
    You know what, I like it more than Abrasive. There, I said it.
    SwinginParty likes this.
  28. jimmah120

jimmah120 Savant (355) Minnesota Feb 21, 2012

going to FILL my fridge
  29. McRyan

30. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (125) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

I was hoping that Let It Ride would be brewed longer than just Feb to April.
  31. McRyan

Specially if they are going to can it as well..
  32. SipIt

SipIt Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 18, 2013

Mmmmmm, a Blue Door juicy lucy and some Let It Ride. Sounds like a damn good night!
    BeerGoogler, KarlHungus and McRyan like this.
  33. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (725) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

Is this on the market in cans yet. I looked for it last week and ended up buying some three month old Day Tripper instead (my mistake..i should have looked at the dates before I bought it)....it still wasn't bad but not nearly the dynamite beer it is fresher.....really looking forward to Let It Ride in cans but this weekend will be my last one in the TC for about a month so I'm hoping it is out.
  34. McRyan

They said select liq stores will get it on the 25th everyone else the following week.
  35. Might have to try this one.
  36. ToddSoonerFan

ToddSoonerFan Aficionado (215) Iowa Aug 23, 2013

What's the ABV? Will this be available in central Iowa?

37. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Advocate (540) Iowa Jun 25, 2011

No.
  38. Atoneworks

Atoneworks Aspirant (35) Wisconsin Aug 24, 2013

I heard that it will be in cans and available until the end of May, or at least that's what I heard for the Wisconsin market
  39. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

Any word on which shops have this today?
  40. Not a word from any of the stores I frequent. But, until then, there is this.[​IMG]