1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Indeed - Let It Ride IPA

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Jan 20, 2014.

1. jera1350

jera1350 Advocate (730) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Saw cans of this showed up at Princetons today. Any other sightings around the metro?
  2. Just picked up a 6 pack at Rum River
    $10.69
    He said it's going fast.
  3. I was at Princeton's for mine about two hours ago and they were already low -- maybe a few sixers left? They may have more in back though...
  4. nograz

nograz Aficionado (135) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

This isn't the only batch, is it?
  5. no it will be brewed a couple of months
  6. Sorry,

Didn't mean to start a panic.
    He just said it's been flying out the door since he got it today.
  7. nograz

No panic as I managed to get some. Didn't think it was the only batch, but if it was, wanted to try get a little more.
  8. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (390) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

The first batch of ANYTHING goes fast at the stores that get it first. It is going to be brewed for a few months. People bought the shit out of Abrasive on the first two days then it died down. It will be around.
    Ungertaker and BeerGoogler like this.
  9. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (220) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Talk about a palate wrecker. Picked up a Growler, it will be in my fridge for awhile.
  10. MCImes

MCImes Savant (350) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

Bought my first 6er last night. This is a weird IPA. I don't get much citrus or pine from it, and get a ton of melon. Its good and I'll probably get some more. It hides the 90ibu very well. Well balanced too.

I don't get palate wrecker from this, but I had cans, not a grower. Although they were canned 4 days ago. It makes me miss self distributed surly
  11. SipIt

SipIt Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 18, 2013

Does anyone know if this out and about all over now, or is it still only for the hunters at the moment?
  12. It is supposed to hit everywhere else today. Waiting for St Paul announcements.
    SipIt likes this.
  13. It seems like it hitting the mainstream now, and on second delivery in many.
    Good stuff at a decent price, IMO
  14. jera1350

jera1350 Advocate (730) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Had a can last night with a canned date of 3/3, how awesome is that? Just a weird hop profile to me. Sharp bitterness with some unique hop flavors. Got some melon in there, the rest was hard to describe. Not a big fan.
    McRyan likes this.
  15. One of my favorite IPA's, ever. Unmistakably a beer brewed by Indeed. Love the melon, and yes, I even get the small notes of blueberry. Just a well crafted beer. Wish this was a year rounder. Pure juicy, hoppy, melony, nuggetry.
    elshaggy likes this.
  16. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

I hit a few places last night in Plymouth/Maple Grove & nobody had it in yet. I.E. Star Liquor, MGM, Haskells, Whole Foods. I'm leaving town this afternoon as well.

Anyone know for sure a spot on my way out of town heading back to Rochester to grab this. I'll be on 169 to 494?, 55, then to 52 if memory serves me correct. I was able to grab some Burr Grinder, & can't wait to try it.
  17. Blue Max, MGM Eagan, and Apple Valley #3 all had it yesterday. I would call first before stopping.
  18. Stinson posted what looked like a pallet of the stuff on FB.
    McRyan likes this.
  19. nograz

Princeton's in Maple Grove got another shipment yesterday. They are on 494 and Bass Lake Road, but would call first.
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  20. I picked up a sixer this afternoon on my lunch break at Ale Jail, only a few left in the cooler. I wonder if they will have these in 12 packs like Sweet Yamma Jamma?
  21. S. Lyndale still had quite a few 6 packs this morning. I have a fridge full of Fresh Squeezed so I'm waiting until I free up a little space.
  22. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

This shit is the balls. Hoppy Fruity Pebbles (smell and taste.) There's nothing else out there like this.
    SwinginParty likes this.
  23. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (360) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

This is such a great and unique beer. However, I can see why some may not like it
    SwinginParty likes this.
  24. not alot of buzz on this release as its only 5 days old on my canning sixer... my thoughts are i liked it better on tap last year more tropical and fruity but this years can is good but malts dominate the hops did not get that from last years
    McRyan likes this.
  25. Got another six tonight. I'm in love.
  26. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

My thoughts exactly.
    McRyan likes this.
  27. morimech

morimech Advocate (665) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

My first experience with this beer is with the cans. It is a good IPA, but I am a reluctant partner.
  28. MattyG85

MattyG85 Champion (770) Minnesota Aug 31, 2010

Anyone else think this tastes almost exactly like Surly Furious? I should do a side by side tasting.
  29. Let us know if you do. I'd like to think Let It Ride has a similar malt character to furious, but is much more tropical/berry flavor wise.
  30. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (220) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

The berry flavor will make this taste nothing like Furious.
  31. Chumley22

Chumley22 Disciple (65) Minnesota Sep 28, 2013

This stuff is good! Has anyone seen this on tap (besides the tap room)?
  32. billhelm

billhelm Savant (345) Minnesota Feb 9, 2011

Blue Door Pub in Longfellow has had it on tap since the launch party there a few weeks ago
  33. Furious used to be my go to beer, then it was replaced by Day Tripper. Maybe my Palate changed but Furious has seemed different this year, as did last years Bitter Brewer. That being said, I love this Let it Ride and I am gonna ride this until the wheels fall off next month.
  34. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (265) Minnesota Oct 27, 2010

Stupid Lunds liquor store downtown didn't have any. Will have to check someplaces tomorrow. I'm interested
  35. This stuff should be available most everywhere by today. I believe this is the second delivery run so all the places that ran out of the initial allotment should be well stocked today.
  36. I predict a rash of thread jacking in the future. Saga has been de-throned.

I'm blown away by the hop flavors of this beer. Put your nose to the can after you pour it. It's like sniffing the bag of hops after you've dumped 'em into your brew kettle.
  37. Ish1

Ish1 Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 25, 2010

Where are you finding 12pks of Let it Ride for $10.00?!? Share ;)
    tmcelvain and Seefeldt like this.
  38. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Can't wait for the day I can get Indeed in Rochester. Although the price point down here would be closer to probably $14.99 a sixer for day tripper...
  39. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (290) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

Ouch! DT is $8.49 a six @ Total Wine.
  40. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Well I could be way off. But in Lakeville and Burnsville it is $9.99 and it seems to go up anywhere from $3-$5 down here.