1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Indiana Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by boilermakerbrew, Nov 24, 2012.

1. This worked really well for BCBS, so why not start it for BCBCS, Cherry Rye, and Bolt Cutter...

Anyone seen these yet in the Hoosier State?

2. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

Havent seen any of the bcbs variants but i had no problem finding a bunch of regular bcbs.

Bolt Cutter im guessing is long gone, at least at the stores i got it from.

Lets hope NWI gets SOME coffee and cherry rye

cfrances33 likes this.
  3. Shoo65

Shoo65 Savant (270) Indiana Oct 23, 2011

My store in central Indy got Bolt Cutter and Enjoy By today. Bolt Cutter is almost gone (2 bottles left), and from what my rep said (who is not trustworthy at all) that I may see BCBCS on Tuesday or Wed. When I asked about Cherry Rye he said "What's that?"
    Hope this can give some help to people.

4. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Savant (450) Indiana Oct 19, 2006

Saw Bolt Cutter on the shelf at Trail Inn in Valpo on Wednesday. I think it was $22.99.

5. aasher

aasher Champion (910) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Bolt Cutter should've hit most stores this week.

6. Lukafer

Lukafer Savant (370) Michigan Dec 18, 2009

I missed out on Bolt Cutter and Cherry Rye, anyone know of any in Indy that they're not going to be purchasing by chance?

7. denimdemon

denimdemon Savant (420) Indiana Mar 8, 2009

I don't think Cherry Rye has made it down to these parts yet, dude. BCBS Coffee, either.

8. Lukafer

Lukafer Savant (370) Michigan Dec 18, 2009

So you're saying I'm SOL on Bolt Cutter?

9. denimdemon

denimdemon Savant (420) Indiana Mar 8, 2009

Nah, man. I can probably help dat azz!

Lukafer likes this.
  10. bozodogbreath

On the shelf today at Nick's in Merrillville. $21.99 - limit one.

11. Bolt cutter or cherry?

12. bozodogbreath

Bolt Cutter. We still haven't got the BC variants in IN. (at least to the best of my knowledge)

13. Every store around here still claims to be in the dark about the BCBS variants...

14. TheodorHerzl

TheodorHerzl Savant (490) Indiana Mar 30, 2007

They will be. Zink is always 4-6 weeks behind. Let's hope they don't get cute and try the retail bar sales only like they did with King Henry.

biggred1 likes this.
  15. fvernon

fvernon Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 1, 2010

bolt cutter hit down here on wednesday and was gone asap... i'm not holding my breath for coffee and cherry rye showing up anytime soon, if the late arrival of bcbs for everyone south of indy was any indication of delivery trends

16. IrishHockey

IrishHockey Savant (250) Indiana Oct 12, 2012

Talked to a shop owner 2 weeks ago and he told me as far as he knew only large stores were going to get any. His words were shops like Binnys. I don't know if he thought only Binnys, or shops in Indiana that can pull that kind of volume.

17. drevim

drevim Aficionado (190) Indiana Oct 12, 2012

Bolt Cutter hit Evansville today. I only know of one store for sure(Winetree East), and they only got one case. It was gone on release, if the number of people in the store were any indication.

bookerandy likes this.
  18. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

Picked up a bottle of BCBCS at Big Red Liquors in Bloomington last night. Was just in town for a concert and was extremely happy to just stumble across this one :). Went to the smaller store and the guy said the bigger big red got a case or two. Good luck!

19. bozodogbreath

Saw BCBCS on a shelf today. 2 btl limit. Bought 1. Left the rest for the Schererville gang.;)

awdturboiv likes this.
  20. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (535) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

Thanks for the tip. Picked one up today. Doesn't look like we're getting Cherry Rye in these parts.

21. Saw some BCBS Coffee at Trail Inn Liquors in Valpo and Pat's Liquors in Porter last night.

22. aasher

There will probably be less than 250 bottles of Cherry in Indiana.

23. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (600) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

I was in Valpo for the night last night and picked up a bottle of Coffee at Godfather's on 30. They said they got four cases and it was going fast. One per customer and they also had Nightstalker. No Cherry Rye.

24. CWBlues

CWBlues Savant (330) Indiana May 4, 2011

With such a low number, think they'll go mainly on-premise like they did with KH?

25. aasher

That's not what I've heard so far but we will see. I think we got more KH than Cherry Rye.

26. myersk27

myersk27 Savant (410) Indiana Oct 21, 2011

yowzers....

27. Godfathers in Valpo officially out as of that bottle I just bought. Went to Pats earlier and the guy acted like they never had it.

28. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (600) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

Last bottle on the shelf, I assume? They were only putting one bottle out at a time. After I grabbed the one on the shelf, I looked around. They went behind the counter and grabbed another and put it on the shelf. Unless they told you that you got the last one, in which case nevermind.

29. I was told that it was their final bottle. I assumed that was true.

30. I was at Pat's last night and the had like 10-15 on the shelf by the register. I guess they sold out last night.

31. Gritch

Gritch Aficionado (165) Indiana Dec 26, 2010

Was at Pat's earlier, and they still have some Coffee left. It is in the back. You have to ask for it.

32. M1A2

M1A2 Savant (435) Ohio Jan 15, 2012

I hope thats not true:(

33. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

Well...i def missed the boat on this :(

34. bozodogbreath

Cherry landed in Porter County today. The store I went to got 1/2 case. Good luck landing this one!

35. So the store you got it at is....?

36. Managed to scrounge up a couple of Bolt Cutters in the last few days -- probably the last ones left -- but no one in the Fishers area (including a couple of NE Indy stores that are served by Zinc) seems to know anything about the BCBS variants.

37. bookerandy

bookerandy Savant (260) Indiana May 6, 2012

Yep, I was one of them. I had a customer at my bar on Friday morning who claimed he got one (a Bolt Cutter) from a Liquor Locker in town though I can't confirm the truth in that...

drevim likes this.
  38. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (535) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

I picked up a couple Bolt Cutters at Bloomingfoods a few days ago. About 5 or so remained.

39. drevim

drevim Aficionado (190) Indiana Oct 12, 2012

If Backwoods is any indicator, then it is possible. Since Winetree and LL were the only two to get it in. Again, I can't confirm that, either. Crossing over regions, I saw at least one bottle of Bolt Cutter at Shenanigans in Bowling Green, KY on the shelf last night.

See you at the next Tracker gathering, or at Tin Man, Andy.

bookerandy likes this.
  40. bookerandy

bookerandy Savant (260) Indiana May 6, 2012

Jason at LL said they did get a case of Bolt Cutter last week and of course it did go fast though not as fast as WT. Adam (WT) and Jason (LL) both said they aren't optimistic on any of the variations, especially Cherry, reaching our fair city since those in charge seem to oblivious to their release/exsistence. We are currently trying our luck with the southern Indiana GI rep to see if this sad story can hopefully have a happy ending.

I am positive I'll see you at one of those places...I hear the 12th could be a special release day ;)

drevim likes this.