Interaction with Brewers/Breweries on BA

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by McRyan, Apr 8, 2014.

1. McRyan

McRyan Savant (255) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

I love how @Pipeworks interacts with it's fans on BA! And I believe others feel the same 424 posts and 1,605 likes!!

I really wish we had more of this in Midwest forum obviously @tgchief is awesome example but we don't have much interaction from Surly, Indeed, Steel Toe, ect.

@summitbeer keep up the comments and news! Hope this catches on for more Minnesota breweries, fans crave interaction in my opinion and Saga ;)!

2. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

I also think it's interesting the breweries that monitor their reviews on this site. I've had a number of people contact me about beer reviews (good & bad) over the years from breweries, & it's always an interesting back & forth. One head brewer even tried to set up a trade with me after our discussion. Even if they don't interact, I think a lot of breweries are hanging around.

3. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

Ya, we dont seem to have much official brewery insight here. tgchief is a prime example of how a little talk goes a long ways when its from the top. I've been privately contacted by a couple people from the liquor industry about a couple comments ive made, but thats whole different crowd.

It would seem to be very worth their while to comment, if not personally, then dispatch someone in marketing or just a well spoken underling. We spend a lot and talk about beer a disproportionate amount. We're basically free marketing when we go around raving about TG or whoever. I guess if you're doing well as a brewery there isnt much reason to wade into the forums.

It will eventually go like this:
    Forum member: Beer X sucks.
    Brewer: No it doesnt. it turned out exactly as we intended. If you dont like, dont buy it.
    Forum member: Saga.
    /thread

Who thinks Im wrong?;)

4. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

The BA forums are full of lunatics and psychopaths. I wouldn't talk with us either.

pmarlowe, manny90, HoppyHawk and 8 others like this.
  5. I think it's cool and hope to see it expand as well.

McRyan likes this.
  6. Pug

Pug Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 6, 2012

I've seen Dave from the Brewfarm in Wisconsin comment here.

zeledonia and McRyan like this.
  7. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Totally agree that it's awesome when they post, great to get info and backstory from TGChief.
    But, I asked Todd to comment on something here once, I belive if the Furious recipe had in fact changed, and his reply was "no good can come from me looking at that". To celfan's point one minute the Midwest Forums loves a beer/brewery and the next thing they are the worst and I'm never going there again.
    I don't think I'd come here either!

Edit: yes I do realize this is a public forum which is all about opinions and people can say whatever the hell they want here, the above is mine.

McRyan likes this.
  8. Chaz

Chaz Champion (845) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

Finally, someone speaks the truth! :D

But seriously (and as I mentioned recently in a private conversation): there are professionals who use this site and who will offer advice and constructive criticism to other users -whether professional or not- from time to time, and as such Beer Advocate can be a useful interface.

Still, engaging said professionals is a challenge: It's best not to expect them too much as their time is limited.

McRyan likes this.