Interested in a Cali partner, er, trader. Fresh WO Jai Alai

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Beer4B, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Beer4B

Beer4B Savant (390) Florida Feb 28, 2014

New to trading and would love to gain a partnership with someone who has access to stuff I can't get. Preferably Russian River or Alpine, but I'm open! I'm not looking to trade all that often (funds limited) but have regular access to Cigar City, Bells, Founders, Victory, and more.

I currently have day old (4/24) White Oak Jai Alai, fresh Tocobaga Red, and can obviously get fresh Jai Alai. Should also be able to grab a bottle or two of Marshal Zhukov come August, possible Huna when it distro's next year, etc. I did also get Black Note & KBS but already passed those along for this year.

Anyone interested? I'd mail the White Oak first since I don't have mail trading ratings.
    Dying to try Pliny the Elder and share with a friend, and have been bitten by the SOUR bug lately too.

I'm not looking to build a cellar or "win" trades - in fact I'll make sure you are winning $4$ as I'd rather make this friendly.

Feel free to message me, I'm sure you Cali guys get tons of requests with the breweries you have, but thought I'd try!

Thanks,
    Brandon

[Moderator Edit: this thread was moved from US-Pacific forum]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  2. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Try the trading section.

3. Beer4B

Thanks, and I have. Figured that since my top option personally would be for a Cali trader I'd post here.

I've gotten lots of replies from Northeast BA's without access to anything I really want. Sorry if this post is annoying, not my intentions in the least.

Cheers

dcgunman likes this.
  4. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Sorry if I sounded annoying. Wasn't meant to come out like that. Good luck. Pliny might be a better bite than any ABC beers. Although Nelson has been showing up all over the NorCal and SoCal area lately it is still very hard to get in bottles. That goes for the rest of their ipa's.

karink likes this.
  5. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (390) Florida Jan 26, 2012

Someone should jump on this. White Oak Jai Alai is the BEE'S KNEES

6. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (445) California Dec 21, 2011

The problem with "regular" trading partners of the beers you're looking for is that neither of them have good distro that's consistent. So unless someone is a local of one of those breweries, you may be out of luck. I hear Alpine has increased distro due to being brewed at Green Flash, but until I see Nelson, Duet, etc. on shelves all the time, I wouldn't count on it.

Personally, I wouldn't get too caught up with either of those breweries though, there are so many other options available here that are just as good or better. If you can score them, great. But CA is littered with options, be open to ideas and you'll be taken care of I'm sure.

karink likes this.
  7. Beer4B

I probably wasn't very clear because I agree with most everything you stated. I'm not looking for a "regular" partner as much as an occasional partner. I don't have the funds or time to be chasing or shipping too much. Just would like someone that has decent access to be able to do the same for me that I'll be able to do down here in central FL.

I can always get Jai Alai. However, White Oak JA is only put out a few times a year and can be hard to find. Same with Tocobaga Red. Fantastic brew and only distributed in limited amounts in FL.

Not looking to swap whales as I probably won't have them. Looking to share shelf beers that are highly rated and slightly harder to find local brews.

All that to say it looks like I've found someone that can make me plenty happy and I can do the same. Thanks!

8. markgugs

markgugs Champion (990) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

only posting in this thread to say I'm blown away that there's a REASON posted publicly for why the thread was moved/moderated :eek:

9. sssence

sssence Aficionado (125) Missouri Oct 23, 2013

I've never traded on here before, but would be interested in the occasional trade with a partner. I'm located in Missouri, right down the street from Brown Derby International Wine Center in Springfield (look it up on here). I sell goods online for a living so I keep all necessary shipping materials on hand and I ship items out daily, so I'll be prompt with my shipments and I get preferred rates due to my volume.
    Here are some breweries I have access to on a regular basis:
    Bells
    Boulevard
    Founders
    Stone
    North Coast
    Great Divide
    Schlafly
    Deschutes
    Perennial
    Sierra Nevada
    Evil Twin
    Odell
    New Belgium
    Mothers (local)
    Springfield Brewing Company (local)
    White River (local)
    Piney River (local)

I know these are not exactly what you requested, but I figured there may be a few breweries in here that are of interest. If so, just shoot me a PM.

10. I'm in Southern California and interested. Tbh Pliny is extremely hard for me to get, one bottle shop near me gets it, I literally leave work instantly after seeing it posted on fb and it's out in 30/45 minutes. Alpine somewhat the same story but am trying to make a trip to the brewery in the next week or two so not out of the question.

Plenty of awesome shelf beers from out here on top of those much easier to get and that's really all I'm searching out too. Jai alai has been on my list, some bells and founders as well. Pm me if interested.