Iowa - A Brewery in Every County?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by mdwalsh, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdwalsh

mdwalsh Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2009 Iowa

So I got word today that there is a brewery in the works (property secured) in Hampton (Franklin County), about 30 minutes south of Mason City. Add that to Existing Breweries in Northwood (Worth), Reinbeck (Blackhawk), Waverly (Bremer) and elsewhere, and breweries in planning in Mason City (Cerro Gordo), Osage (Mitchell), Marshalltown (Marshall), Clear Lake (Cerro Gordo) and probably some more I don't know about, ALL IN NORTH IOWA. I've also heard about Perry and Southeast Polk County area breweries.

Iowa has proved small town breweries can succeed (see above, and others like CIB, Toppling Goliath, Appanoose Rapids), but could we really be moving towards a nice even distribution through the whole state?

2. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2012 Iowa

Live in Reinbeck, life long family friends with one of the owners of the Brewery. Love being able to go downtown and have a good beer. I hope every community gets to have one.

3. IACraftBeerTent

IACraftBeerTent Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2012

mdwalsh, do you have any more info on the brewery in Hampton or Perry? I am coming up with nothing when trying to search for info. I have sent emails to both chambers.

Thank You,
    Steve

4. mdwalsh

mdwalsh Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2009 Iowa

Steve, Hampton will be called Rustic Brewing and is planning to open January 2nd or so. That is all I know. Perry was just a rumor from someone else.

5. Riccymon

Riccymon Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2007 Texas

I'm in Hampton for the holidays. I think Rustic Brew (Brewery?) will take over its location after the new year, as the current tenant is still open and having a final sale until then. Its alcohol license was approved in December.

6. JWearda

JWearda Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Iowa

I added Rustic Brew to the Beer Advocate Search engine... Working on adding the beers. Currently they brew 3 styles on site: Slobber Knocker Oatmeal Stout, Old Man River Citrus Wheat, and the Wood Cellar Blonde Ale. Located at 117 1st St NW, Hampton

Cheers!

beefmental and Chaz like this.
  7. JWearda

JWearda Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Iowa

The beers have been added and reviewed. I've worked up a thirst; on my way to Rustic Brew! ;-) Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.