Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

Bo and Luke aside, Against the Grain seems pretty overpriced and gimmicky and more often than not is being discounted to near cost if not below on and off oremise around the DSM Metro to get it moving.

2. redblacks75

redblacks75 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa

I really didn't care for that one. I thought I was going to love it, but, for some reason it just didn't hit the mark for me.

3. Beestin

Beestin Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2014 Iowa

Has anyone heard what the taplist will be for El Bait shops Great Divide release? Wondering if any Yeti variants but haven't seen anything.

4. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

Just standard Yeti on draft as of right now I believe. Oatmeal Yeti is in season right now I believe. Other ones I remember seeing:

Titan
    Collette
    Lasso
    Claymore
    Hoss

There are probably a few more. They were putting them on last night.

5. dragonaut

You caught most of them. Nomad Pilsner, too. We'll get more special stuff as they come into season, but it's mostly core beers for rollout. Luckily, they're some pretty great core beers. The Sinner Series from Amager is all still on at $5/pour specials as well as all the special Green Flash beers from Tuesday night. I still think it's worth heading out, even without Yeti variants. We'll get them eventually.

New Holland rollout this weekend and Lag the weekend after. Exhausting times for people working off and on premise. Tip your bartenders :stuck_out_tongue:

6. dragonaut

Hercules Double IPA is on tap tonight, too.

7. Ejayz

Ejayz Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Iowa

I just saw both Zeelander and Dorthy at the Fluer Drive HY Vee about a half hour ago. Bottle limit was two for Zeelander and six for Dorthy.

8. HawkeyePA

HawkeyePA Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2014 Iowa

No you didn't...SHHH :wink:

They also have 2013 Expedition Stout, 2013 Founders Imperial Stout, and 2013 Narwhal for $2.99/single

9. Ejayz

Ejayz Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Iowa

Just trying to spread the wealth and put good beer in the hands of good people!

10. je1129

je1129 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2011 Iowa

Am I the only one who misses rayon vert?

11. dragonaut

Everyone misses Rayon Vert. GF has been working with Wyeast on a new yeast strain that will make the beer more shelf-stable and less prone to over carbonation upon its return. Still no clear answer from GF if we'll see it in 4pks again or if it'll be in bombers. My hope would be for the former but I'd bet on the latter. Will look forward to its return regardless.

je1129 likes this.
  12. DollCraftEric

DollCraftEric Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 Iowa
    Deactivated

I would guess the latter too.....

SaulTBauls likes this.
  13. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

I'll give you a clear answer. I talked to the GF rep that was in this week and she said that Rayon Vert is returning some time. What is not clear is the format...Who cares. Rayon Vert will return. We discussed what a great beer it was and how we were both excited to have it return. Then we cracked a Sleepin With Shaggy...which is also back in barrels and possibly set to be distributed to a larger area than just California. She said that Green Flash has a sour program in the works as well as some other cool programs. Green Flash rocketed up my "cool brewery list" just this week.

14. DollCraftEric

DollCraftEric Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 Iowa
    Deactivated

That Sleepin with Shaggy tho. I am really excited for Green Flash in 2015.

BrettHead likes this.
  15. Beestin

With twitter going silent about TG drops do i just need to go by the store on a daily basis now to see if they have any? I'm assuming the idea is to stop the madness but I'd imagine most people would be more pissed finding out that it was sitting under their nose for a week but they missed out vs knowing when it dropped and missing due to not getting there in time. Thoughts?

IowaPA likes this.
  16. JediMatt

JediMatt Zealot (549) Jun 18, 2010 Iowa

Apparently so. There was a "secret" TG drop in Des Moines yesterday. 3 stores got Dorothy and only Fleur got some Zeelander.

17. Beestin

Anyone know if it's gone?

18. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

I got the last bottle. Valley west hyvee has golden nugget. Oatmeal yeti in shelf at fleur

19. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Fresh Golden Nugget and pseudoSue being bottled today!

Also, I like the TG silent drops!

ToddSoonerFan and BrettHead like this.
  20. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Yes! I was already planning on going there after Zwanze; bottles makes it that much better!

BottleCaps80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.