Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterMolls

MisterMolls Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2014 Iowa

Hi there fellow craft aficionados. My name is Kevin, and i'm with De De Beverage in Sioux City, IA. I've been lurking for a while, I though i'd pop in and say hi. Maybe provide some insight (or not) on some distribution issues at least from our perspective, but overall I think this is a great resource, especially for me on the West Coast over here to see what you all are all enjoying across our fine state. I've noticed @DollCraftEric as a fellow industry employee among the ranks, is he the only other one? Anyway, I hope to continue to enjoy the conversation and above all learn from the wealth of expertise it seems is encompassed in here.

2. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Looks like Schlafly TIPA is now going to his the DSM market early next week instead of this week.

bufante likes this.
  3. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

Trav from Doll has an account, too, and I'm sure there are other industry/brewery folks lurking. Jason @BrettHead manages beer at Beertopia in Omaha, NE, but I am unaware of other other industry folks, though Clark and Mike from TG also have accounts and chime in occasionally. I understand if industry/distributor folk don't want to use this as a primary forum to present news, or can't due to their employers' social media policies, but I sure hope they chime in if we're ever wrong about things, since I know most of us are just trying to get the word out about new stuff and advocate for accounts and distributors to do right by their customers!

BrettHead likes this.
  4. BottleCaps80

Very limited amount of Millstream BA Back Road Stout and BA Schild Brau are supposed to be delivered to DSM this Thursday and will hit shelves next Monday.

5. Roudy1

Roudy1 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 Iowa

Hopefully these are priced at like $8.

6. BottleCaps80

I know they are 22oz bombers, but not sure the price point?

7. Roudy1

Roudy1 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 Iowa

Probably not worth it otherwise, IMO. Unless they've changed something from last year.

Excited to drink Le Terroirs for a while.

8. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2013 Iowa

Are they 22oz bombers for sure? Last year they were 32oz growlers.

9. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

[​IMG]

10. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2013 Iowa

Nice! I don't follow Millstream so hadn't heard any news.

11. bufante

bufante Pundit (843) Jun 28, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Do we know which stores might be getting some? It would be really cool to see the Waukee Hy-Vee join in some of the good distribution...

12. aubzachsyd

aubzachsyd Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2013 Iowa

With Backwards Bastard coming out November 3 will IBS let us have it before Thanksgiving?

BrettHead likes this.
  13. DollCraftEric

DollCraftEric Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 Iowa
    Deactivated

There will be plenty of TIPA to go around. Should be out there for the Schlafly beer dinner next week.

BrettHead, bufante and BottleCaps80 like this.
  14. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

I'm in the middle of building a keezer....You guys have any sixtels of this? :grinning:

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  15. squashington

squashington Initiate (0) May 22, 2013 Iowa

Please start carrying Founders kegs other than Dirty Bastard. Preferably their porter and seasonal/limited releases like double trouble, breakfast stout, etc. Of all their beers, carrying only a scotch ale on draft is...strange?

Also please bring Lagunitas to town assuming you can buy parallel from IBS. There's a void of low priced bombers that Stone and Lagunitas carry you could fill here. (Especially since Stone isn't in SC)

16. BottleCaps80

Off topic, but let me know how your project goes. I'm looking to build one myself and have been browsing Craigslist for a decent, cheap deep freeze.

BrettHead likes this.
  17. MisterMolls

MisterMolls Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2014 Iowa

We do also have All Day IPA kegs. Are you from the area? Porter might be an option if you can tell me an account that wants it. The Limited/Seasonals are hard to get. For example I just ordered 20cs Breakfast Stout and 5 Breakfast Stout kegs, and all the kegs were cut and I got 5 cases of BS. There are challenges with the system. However I have seen progress.

I am trying to bring Lagunitas, have been trying for a few months, but I would source from Fleck. I have left multiple phone messages and emails for "my contact" to no avail. I am trying.

BrettHead likes this.
  18. BottleCaps80

Looks like some DSM accounts are starting to get bottles of Anchorage Love Buzz and Whiteout Wit today.

19. ElJosharino

ElJosharino Initiate (0) May 3, 2013 Nebraska

Man, Love Buzz is gonna show up in Council Bluffs now since I just bought some online, isn't it? Fantastic stuff, that.

20. BottleCaps80

Lagunitas Sumpin' Wild and Imperial Red hitting DSM area shelves today.

The Stone Arrogant Bastard Box sets will arrive the week of Oct. 27th and will likely fly off the shelves with the inclusion of a newcomer this year: Bourbon Barrel-Aged Arrogant Bastard, that is exclusive to this 4pk. It'll be a blend of BA Arrogant Bastard and non-BA Arrogant Bastard and will come in at 7.8%abv.

[​IMG]

BrettHead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.