Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

Last time I got some sort of urinal cake after taste. I'm giving it another shot tonight because I'm thinking it was probably an anomaly.

2. ToddSoonerFan

ToddSoonerFan Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Iowa

I really liked it 2 distributions ago. I agree with you on the last tasting. This batch is great! CHEERS!

3. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Iowa

Sucks that you have a reference for that.

je1129 and TGanyone like this.
  4. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

No reference, just the first thing that came to my mind when I tried it. The taste just reminded me of the smell of those little pucks in the pisser.

5. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Iowa

It seemed a little lacking to me when I poured a glass, faint "liquid hoppiness" but still decent. The one I had straight from the bottle while discing earlier in the week was delicious.

dckepley likes this.
  6. iowacraft01

iowacraft01 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2012 Iowa

Since its a holiday week and if your Johnson Bros distributes after tuesday it will be a day earlier, so if you get a johnson truck on a friday it would hit on thursday. it hit the johnson warehouse on Monday. Bourbon county is 23.39 which is almost at 25% mark up i would assume most stores would go 23.99......depends how greedy they are.

7. nickbman

nickbman Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Iowa

How are the hy vee market growlers? Practical to be able to hang on to bcbs for a while in one?

8. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

IA JBROS isn't closed Thursday? I know they are in Nebraska. Sucks to be those drivers :confused:

9. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

$23.99 at Prairie Trail. Cost went up $21/CS. Makes the $16 32 oz growler refills seem like a pretty good deal.

10. dragonaut

I really like them. The long neck forces the staff to bottom-fill, swing-stops are convenient. You can bring in your own if you'd prefer, though. I do think sitting on growlers long term isn't a good idea, though, and will crack mine soon. Bottles always seem hot up front but I enjoy the draft pours fresh.

Keg Stand will have growlers fills of barleywine and stout available Friday at 11 AM.

nickbman likes this.
  11. Will_Edgar

Will_Edgar Zealot (675) Oct 23, 2013 Iowa

Does anyone know how much a 64oz growler fill of BCBS or BCBW will be at Kegstand? If it's same prices as Hyvee, that would be an amazing deal. Considering it's a bar I understand they may not offer it at those prices.

12. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Maven (1,336) Oct 28, 2010 Iowa
    Trader

Now THAT is NOT cool

13. siouxbrew

siouxbrew Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2007 Iowa

If any Sioux City-area folk are intererested, BCBS will be ready for Black Friday release in Sioux City and in South Sioux City, Nebr. I assume the usual places. "Very" limited supplies and, AFAIK, no variants. (Although, five cases of the barlywine showed up in South Sioux three or fourth months later....) YMMV

MisterMolls likes this.
  14. dragonaut

I'm sure you saw this, Will, but for the benefit of others: $24 32oz and $48 64oz fills at Keg Stand. So Hy Vee Fleur's $16 32 oz fills are considerably better, but Keg Stand has Barleywine so if you absolutely must have it in a growler, there you go. Prairie Trail will also have a keg, not sure on pricing but would expect it to be in line with Fleur.

15. ALO22

ALO22 Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2014 Missouri

the part where CR isn't getting Coffee.

16. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2013 Iowa

I heard we only got 10 cases of Coffee and they are being allocated to restaurants only. That's for the IC/CR area.

mattafett and redblacks75 like this.
  17. ALO22

ALO22 Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2014 Missouri

that is possible and that would mean CR is indeed getting Coffee

18. redblacks75

redblacks75 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa

Which bar, or restaurant?

19. redblacks75

redblacks75 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa

Your info is spot on.

HawkeyeNation likes this.
  20. ALO22