1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

1. bditty187

bditty187 Member

I still have Herbs but Flora is gone.
    CowsandBeer likes this.
  2. bossfan23

bossfan23 Member

It appears East Dubuque finally has it as well. Can anyone confirm? Selection at Family Beer & Liquor?
  3. je1129

je1129 Member

family and vans has DFH
  4. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Member

Central Waters has hit. Picked up a 4pk of BB Peruvian, BB Stout and their IPA. This is nice.
  5. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Member

Waiting for CR to get theirs. Should be any time now I would imagine. Who is distributing CW in Eastern Iowa, anyone know?
  6. BrettHead

BrettHead Member

CW is with J. Bros.
  7. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Member

Apparently CW was nice enough to hold a shit-ton back for this release. They had a lot of all 3 of the limited at John's. I haven't been but a saw a pic. Still waiting for some word in CR.
  8. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Member

Get yourself the Barleywine. My god! It was slightly better than BCBBW, IMHO, which I thought was fantastic.
    je1129 likes this.
  9. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Member

This is a heady claim sir and I will gladly challenge your assertion post haste!
  10. squashington

squashington Member

Have CW kegs hit distro or just bottles? Not seeing any kegs on the latest JB inventory sheet but sometimes its not completely up to date.
  11. Herky21

Herky21 Member

release party with kegs at ZombieBurger DSM was today, 4-7 pm. Peruvian morning at the very least, also some other kegs and bottles.
  12. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Member

Looks like Reds will be having kegs tomorrow.

Stopped at Oakland rd on the way home and man, I walked out of there with all 3 reserves and got to try every beer they offer here. Additionally, the rep brought a bottle of Sixteen so I got to try that as well. As Ice Cube would say, today was a good day.

(Might also need some more Peruvian Morning)
    Pintofbrown likes this.
  13. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Member

Huge strike out on Sosus today. If anyone in the DSM area has an extra that they'd like to swap for a Pliny, BM me. I just got this PtE in a trade, so its fresh.
  14. Roudy1

Roudy1 Member

I picked up the three Central Waters Reserve series beers tonight at Benz. It seems pretty generous that they held back the stout and barley wine...maybe it's more common than I think? Just cracked a barley wine. Pretty freakin good. Is everything from these guys worth checking out?

And I'm going to be the typical beer guy and drink this beer and wonder who will be the next brewery to enter the state!(Besides Left Hand)
    jwbradley77 likes this.
  15. bismarksays

bismarksays Member

Excited to see when/if Waterloo gets the high end stuff from CW. I have heard good things about Peruvian Morning. However, I have not really heard anything about their everday lineup. My buddy who lives in Wisconsin says the porter is the highlight of their everyday beers, but placed it well below the porter from Founders, Bells, Great Lakes, and Deschutes. I will have to pick up a sixer and see what I think.
  16. Herky21

Herky21 Member

Isn't Zip Line next week?
    http://siouxcityjournal.com/blogs/b...cle_cd65536e-4d68-5228-97dd-b148e9166311.html
  17. bditty187

bditty187 Member

CW has hit CB including BB Peruvian, BB Stout & BB barleywine.
    BeersAndBears and BrettHead like this.
  18. PPOmaha

PPOmaha Member

All the BB stuff in CB Madison Hyvee is gone as of 1:30.
  19. bditty187

bditty187 Member

I should be restocked Friday. Will post.
    CowsandBeer, PPOmaha and BrettHead like this.
  20. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Member

Really? I was told by the J. Bros rep last night that this was a "once and done" thing. Maybe that only applied to DSM?
  21. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Member

Perhaps it wasn't all out on the floor. But yes, that's what the rep said here, too.
  22. siouxbrew

siouxbrew Member

23. bditty187

bditty187 Member

I got another case of each today. Should not have more until JB gets another CW shipment.
  24. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Member

More pseudoSue is being bottled today. Will be available in the taproom this evening and will hit accounts next week. Rainbow XHops bottles hopefully the week after!
    redblacks75 and BeersAndBears like this.
  25. pepsican

pepsican Member

We just had our Peruvian Morning pulled from the shelf. Popped a bottle of it the other night and it's drinking perfectly find. I'd drink up on that one if you have some sitting around.
  26. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Member

Why was it pulled? I got a 4pk and it's tasting great to me too.
  27. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Member

Sampled it at Hyvee and it was amazing but haven't gotten into my 4 pk yet. Would be interesting to know the reason.
  28. Ave

Ave Member

Check your bottle dates. It seems CW has had periodic problems with the Peruvian Morning. I've got some that was bottled on 1/22 and its already lost a lot of coffee and gone a bit tart. There is another bottling that later than that one, that is thus far tasting fine.
  29. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Member

Was the pulling of the bottles this distributors decision or did CW ask you guys to do it?
  30. pepsican

pepsican Member

I'm sure it was a call from the brewery to pull it. Again, still a great beer right now, just wouldn't age it.
  31. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Member

Bummer. I've still got 4 more chilling in the fridge.
  32. pepsican

pepsican Member

Drink them, they taste great.
    Ave likes this.
  33. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Member

I think the key word was more. Haha! I've already gotten after my first 4 pack, just trying to pace myself a bit!
  34. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Member

That doesn't add up otherwise you'd think it would be pulled from shelves here in DSM too. Same batch/shipment.
  35. pepsican

pepsican Member

Maybe they haven't called yet, I don't know. Just a heads up to not wait to drink the beer if you've purchased it.
  36. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Member

Has that shit gone bad again this year? Fuck. I just bought a four pack. This after buying two infected four packs last year.
    je1129 and BeersAndBears like this.
  37. Roudy1

Roudy1 Member

Its definitely off again. I drank my first one last night and I was going to post in here that it had that infected sour thing going on but I thought for sure that I was imagining things. I couldn't notice it as much as the beer warmed. I picked up a 4 pack in March last year and two bottles were awesome and two were very infected. Seems like the kegs are good though?
  38. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Member

Confirmed that PM was pulled off shelves in DSM yesterday afternoon as well. This was at direction from Central Waters. Must be a QC measure.
  39. mattafett

mattafett Member

Why is everyone so surprised at this?? The history is clear on this one.
  40. Herky21

Herky21 Member

I think everyone is just disappointed. It's such a good beer and a great value. I hate to see any of it being pulled.