1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

IPAs or APAs with the most grapefruit flavor

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BrownAleMale, Dec 16, 2012.

1. hoptualBrew

hoptualBrew Savant (485) Florida May 29, 2011

Terrapin Wake-n-Bake has grapefruit all over it, killer Imperial IPA!

2. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

? i had a much different wake an bake than you did.

not an ipa, but shorts anniversary ale is probably the most grapefruit forward beer ive had to date, definetly a good one from grapefruit lovers

3. You didn't get the memo? WnB is an IPA now.

KevSal likes this.
  4. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Hops & Grain/Draught House Grapefruit IPA

5. Yeah I am thinking this is just sarcasm or a joke we're missing out on :)

KevSal likes this.
  6. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

I try to like Green Flash but I just can't, I've tried in the bottle, on tap and it's still a mediocre IPA. I'll 2nd on adding Abrasive, smells like fresh grapefruit stuffed into a can, and the taste follows. This was my first try with Abrasive and it's tremendous, as enjoyable as sucking on a HT.

7. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

I just had the new release of Lagunitas Sucks the other day, and there was plenty of grapefruit in that, as well...

8. If you haven't yet, you've got to try Jack's Abby Kiwi Rising. Also Hoponius Union has a bit of grapefruit taste, if you find yourself gravitating the the cool crispness known as lager.

9. The Bollocks from Brash Brewing Company was massive grapefruit in this DIPA

10. At least one person's already posted, but Maine Beer Co. MO is LOADED with grapefruit, IMO, and also IMO their best beer, criminally underappreciated because it's next to Lunch in the lineup.

11. Criminally under appreciated because its like 8$ for 500ml of pale ale

12. An under-appreciated beer that I got that grapefruit-oomph from was Coronado Idiot IPA.

13. Criminally underappreciated compared to their other beers. I won't defend their pricing, but the fact that people go nuts paying $8 a bottle for Lunch and won't shell out $7 for MO is ridiculous.

iKasey likes this.
  14. I have to pay $8 for my MO here and I do it without remorse; it is definitely their best.