Ipswich Double Release Party

Discussion in 'New England' started by tkelley, Nov 3, 2012.

1. tkelley

tkelley Savant (275) Massachusetts Sep 23, 2010

Anyone going to the Ipswich Double Release Party for the new Five Mile IPA and Rye Porter? Im stoked.

2. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Is the rye porter different from the pumpernickle rye beer they did?

3. tkelley

I think so. The new rue porter is for the new winter mix pack this year. I assume its a similar recipe though. You can ask at the release party!

4. WanderingFool

WanderingFool Advocate (705) Massachusetts Aug 7, 2002 Verified Subscriber

I'll be there. I've tried both beers and they are awesome. The 5 mile IPA is on cask at NERAX in Somerville today.

5. Surprisingly the 5 Mile was the big winner for me at NERAX last night. Not surprised it was good, but that it was best in show vs. all the other great things they had on tap. Curious now to try a non-real ale version of it. Outstanding.

6. Wish I could be there today... Both of the new beers sound great. I'll look for them in stores.

Sometime I think Ipswich needs a little more love around here. I find their beers to always be great, yet they're sometimes taken for granted given that they're pretty easy to find and priced nicely.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  7. tkelley

Totally agree. I think they are highly underrated. Unfortunately I also was unable to attend the party, but I've been before and its always a great time. Hopefully they get some pub and love when they open the new facility next year.

8. bleakies

bleakies Savant (430) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Does the 5 Mile stuff get the same distribution as the regular Ipswich beers? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Solid brewery for sure, and suddenly I've got a hankering for a nice Ipswich Dark.