1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Ireland Craft Beer Festival??

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by adkieffer, Sep 13, 2012.

1. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (355) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Did anyone go??? I am from Washington State and just happened to be in Ireland for the Notre Dame v Navy Football game. I thought that the beers at Messrs Macguire were fantastic, especially the pale and Weiss. The White Gypsy Belgian Dubbel/Bruin was quite good as well.

On another note the Kentucky Bourbon people seemed to be trying to bang out a quick version of a barrel aged beer that just doesn't stand up to other barrel aged beers. Not terrible for 6weeks in a barrel but something left to be desired.

2. I've been to Messrs a few times, beers are decent enough, but never to a festival so have only tried their standard range.

6 weeks barrel ageing sounds like an afterthought to me !!!

3. I went.

Metalman has a new brown ale which is lovely, Dungarvan had a RyePA and a Black IPA that were both quality and there was a barrel-aged version of O'Hara's Leann Follain which could have used more time in the wood, but was still very nice.

Didn't try White Gypsy but there were getting raves all around.