1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Iron Fire Brewery from Temecula?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by sandiego67, Jan 12, 2013.

1. I am sitting down to an 8 am tasting of the Iron Fire beers at Tonys Sports Bar in Oceanside. Apparently the brewers are from Ballast Point. Looks like a good lineup of beers.

Has anyone else tried them?

2. Haven't hit them up yet but my bro tried the IPA when they launched into SD a month or so back. He said it was pretty solid so I am looking forward to checking these guys out. Didn't know that about the BP roots. All the more reason to get up there.

3. Correction on the name. It is one word, Ironfire

4. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (290) California Nov 29, 2012

Their small Batch Brew are Great! They have an Imperial Red aging in Jack Daniel Barrels, they did a 1 month age release, a 2 month age release...both very tasty! Facebook Page

5. Let us know how the tasting was! I recently moved to temecula and haven't tried the locals yet.

6. JustXBeer

You need to try them out...they always have Great Brews on Tap, their 6 flagships + the special pours

7. Sweet thanks for the tip. Looks like I know my next stop! Now if only I could talk my wife into taking a detour with me after our baby shower haha

JustXBeer likes this.
  8. We got to try:

Orange Passionfruit Golden Ale
    A Girl and Her Cucumber Session Ale
    Synner Pale Ale
    Habanero Pale Ale
    51/50 Pale Ale
    6 Killer Stout Coffer Stout
    Vicious Disposition Imperial Porter
    Outcast Red Imperial Red
    Outcast Red Imperial Red aged in Jack Daniels barrels

All were good except the Habanero Pale Ale (unless you like the taste of heartburn). It was very hot and I can't see how anyone would want more than a few ounces.

I would recommend visiting the tasting room. I plan on making a trip soon.

9. JustXBeer

Oh Tap Right Now:

4 Flagships - The Golden Ale, Synner Pale Ale, 51/50 IPA, 6-Killer Stout. 5 Specialties - Habanero Pale Ale, Outcast Dead Imperial Red, Golden Watermelon, Marshmellow Stout, & Barrel-Aged Outcast Dead Imperial Red ( Aging 2 months in a JD Barrel. )

10. Had a bomber of the 5150 w my bro in law who lives in Temecula, and was very impressed.