1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Is 75 min making it to TX?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by mindswoop, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

In Delaware the next few days and want to know if I need to bring back a few bottles. Thanks.
  2. lokieman

lokieman Member

Dude I would grab a few bottles...definitely haven't seen it and haven't heard anything about it showing up. If you have extra you could probably pull off a couple nice trades. Even if it does show up I'm sure it will be scarce...
  3. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

Doubt it. DFH pretty much leaves TX out of any decent limited release. All we get is Red & White and Namaste. Thanks a lot DFH.
  4. willandperry

willandperry Member

You can thank TABC for that one. Not dogfish head's fault. They approve some and dont approve others(hense the reason we dont get chicory stout, 120 min in bottles, WWS, etc.). I have heard from some beer store owners in North Dallas that Texas is getting some 75 min relatively soon.
  5. nickss

nickss Member

CT will have 75 min on tap at Dogfishtival I believe... and I'm out of town... grrrr.
  6. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

I find that hard to believe considering that we've received the following bottles in the past: Fort, 120, Raison d'Extra, Pangaea, and Chateau Jiahu. I think they're just cutting back distro to focus on their local markets.
  7. willandperry

willandperry Member

Yeah, thats a good point. Even so, thats good their not forgetting about their local market. Its always sad to see breweries short the locals that supported them from the start.
  8. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

I've heard the same thing is in effect for Fort Worth (few stores, 1 case a piece). Going to be pricey I assume
  9. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Member

Part of this was a labeling issue with TABC, which I believe is the one overturned in that recent collaborative effort on behalf of Jester King and company. We may be able to soon see more DFH releases, maybe, as we are already seeing new breweries distributed to TX thanks to turning over some antiquated beer law. It could also be that many of their offerings are smaller production that cannot meet Texas-sized demand. We do get a lot more than many states, they just don't stay on shelves very long.
  10. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

Yeah I am just complaining about their distribution, which used to suck before I started trading and now DFH limited beers are pretty easy to get in trade so I don't worry about it. I have some fresh 120, 75 minute, and Noble Rot all coming my way soon. I have also recently traded for WWS, OSB, Fort, Immort so I am actually pretty happy with the amount of DFH stuff I have right now.
    LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  11. crusian

crusian Member

I suggest buying one, and trying it. I wasnt impressed to be honest.

To address all the other complaints. We get a lot more than the two listed above. Aprihop just came back for the season, and we have had 120 in the past, so it does have label approval. You may be thinking of the wws, which has never gotten label approval. I believe it says it is a big BEER on it, which made it fail. But hopefully they will come back now? lol.
  12. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Member

Yeah, we all wish we could see more. I think part of it is that there is just too much demand out there for it. I just got a fresh 120 as an extra(YAY!). I think I need to go ISO:Fort. I got one in this past years Secret Santa BIF, and it was delicious. Took it to Jester King for the funk n sour gravity fest bottle share. Would really like to try a bigger sample of it. I am pretty sure this past year DFH decided they weren't going to appease TX with new labels. There are states they completely pulled out of that seems like they just didn't want to play games with all the liquor/distribution laws.

Let me just say now, much of what I just said is speculation, just as I see it.
  13. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

14. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Member

We have occasionally gotten Chicory. I have yet to see 'tweason ale or festina peche. Most of the rarities we don't get in bottles will also occasionally be available on draft if you happen to be in the right place at the right time at least. In bottles, I have gotten Namaste, Pangaea, Theobroma, Red & White, and Chateau Jiahu all locally and multiple times. We also get all the year round brews, plus Aprihop and Punkin.

We got more than our fair share of Life & Limb too. I have somewhere between 6-8 of those still.
  15. miikezombie

miikezombie Member

[​IMG]
    Sam Calagione meeting with the TABC at the International Council to Keep Good Beer Out of Texas' Headquarters. Much hand wringing and Mwuahahaha-ing occured.
  16. nate8767

nate8767 Member

Hahahahahahaha
  17. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

This Friday is the word.
  18. BrewDogRocks

BrewDogRocks Member

Hello. I know for a fact someone here in Dallas already has some. I don't know where they bought it from though.
  19. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Just talked to my BEK rep. He said it should he here soon.
  20. BrewDogRocks

BrewDogRocks Member

Hello. I have confirmed Spec's has it in Dallas. It's a one bottle limit. As of 6:00 pm on Tuesday they said they still had 'a few'. You have to ask for it, it's not on the shelf. Also, they will get Alaskan and Ballast point next week it seems. For those so inclined, they also have some Ghost Face Killah.
  21. mhenson42

mhenson42 Member

Cool. I just got a bottle as an extra in a trade. I'm surprised we are getting it here in SA. I'm still waiting for hoptimum.
  22. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

Thanks fellas! The cask 75 is good but nothing out of this world. Just a great IPA! I'll load up on WWS, Chicory, and 120.
  23. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Member

Might have to do some minor damage beer shopping this weekend.....
  24. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Our Silver Eagle delivery guy has been very unreliable lately. Hoptimum should be about a week out, but we'll see.
  25. aggie20031

aggie20031 Member

Anyone see 75 minute in Houston yet?
  26. SSW117

SSW117 Member

Just got a case at the Saucer in Austin.
  27. frogfan

frogfan Member

Halls has the 75 and Hoptimum...
  28. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Gabriel's might get some on Friday, but we may not be able to sell it right away due to our approval process for new products. The only way we'd be able to sell it immediately is if the price matches something from DFH that's already in our database.
  29. willandperry

willandperry Member

Shops in North of Dallas have it. I know Midway mart in denton has it so Im sure the other beer stores in the area have some as well. Itll probably go fast as usual with the dogfish bombers minus nameste.
  30. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

I picked up a couple of bottles at HEB in Austin yesterday(~$10.79). My wife loved it but I thought it was just okay. I would be interested in seeing what happens with some age on it. I didn't really pick up any maple syrup, maybe the yeast gobbled it all up.
  31. crusian

crusian Member

but they dont have deviant dales yet...
  32. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

I nabbed my bottles at Central Market for $8.99...awesome price but they only allowed 2.

Plenty of smokey maple on the top of my mouth, but it quickly faded with the hops.

IMHO I think they are totally marketing this wrong. I understand the desire to use the 60/75/90/120 for brand recognition, but its more gimmicky than an actual representation of the beers relationship to each other. That being said, I wasn't expecting a whole lot based on reviews but I really liked this (would be a go to summer bomber at its price). Not going to save bottle #2 long, probably do a flight of the 4 to really put my theory to the test.
  33. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Member

Has anyone seen any in Houston yet?
  34. isitsavage

isitsavage Member

Available at Whip In in Austin according to their Twitter, along with Deviant Dale's.
  35. EA728

EA728 Member

I agree completely, I really didn't taste the maple syrup either.
  36. bccocx

bccocx Member

Not sure how long it will be available at Whip In. They were seemingly running low when I was there 30 minutes ago. They may have additional cases in the back. I'd recommend calling before making the trip
  37. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT Member

so anyone know of any 75min in houston yet? havent heard anything from specs or D&Q on this one.
  38. Asa

Asa Member

It will be available in Houston Monday.
  39. mhenson42

mhenson42 Member

I drank one last night. It was alright, but nothing special. I couldn't taste any maple either.
  40. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Tried it last night. Good stuff, but it was much better when I had it on cask.