1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Is Abrasive still being brewed this year?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by ZAP, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ZAP

ZAP Member

or is the run over? Dates I saw at a local store were 12/26/13 or something like that...would think there would be some newer product out if it was brewed...then again i am in northern mn where nothing surprises me..
  2. shawnp

shawnp Member

Abrasive is done for the year but there are fresher canning runs than what you've seen...
  3. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Member

Are you sure about that? They've canned it through early March in the past. I was counting on them doing that again this year:)
  4. sean_mpls

sean_mpls Member

Yes, Todd said that they're done with Abrasive canning.
  5. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Member

6. MNPikey

MNPikey Member

Last canning was the week of 2/2-2/9 which has yet to be delivered to stores as shawnp stated.
    Hop-Droppen-Roll likes this.
  7. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Member

Any eta on this hitting stores? I want some of the last run for Huna day next weekend. If I can't ship it in advance I will pick some up and pack it in my suitcase for my FL friends.
  8. BeerGoogler

BeerGoogler Member

If you want the freshest, you are going to need to call around. Really no way around it. The stores around the cities seem to only have the older stuff. The newest I've seen is mid-January at this point, but many still have cases of stuff from Decemberl.
  9. JMN44

JMN44 Member

I think Abrasive could be around through March even though the last canning date was in early February. It seems like a lot of people are waiting for newer dates to come out. Eventually in March we will realize that what is available is all that is left and the supply will disappear quickly.
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  10. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Member

The last couple of years I have been able to buy Abrasive in Rochester for Memorial Day Weekend. And yes, it's still awesome in May...especially in a canoe.
  11. bucky10

bucky10 Member

Has anyone seen any Abrasive canned in Feb or even late Jan in the downtown or western burbs?
  12. Mnmaverick

Mnmaverick Member

Yes I just picked up some 1/29 at Four firkins today.
    BrettHead likes this.
  13. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Member

I saw 1/29 at the Byerlys in SLP last night.
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  14. 3_floyds_local_13

3_floyds_local_13 Member

My 4 pack from last week was canned 1-21-14. Much better than the first batch they sent chicago since we got distro back that was 12-19-13 or something.
  15. RKPStogie

RKPStogie Member

All I see in Roch is 12/19/13
  16. lonewolfcry

lonewolfcry Member

Has anyone seen February dates at all?
  17. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Member

I think that's a Great Lakes forum question.;)

Seriously, I think stores have newer dates, but aren't putting it out 'til the older stuff is gone.
  18. evilgenius1917

evilgenius1917 Member

That is the definition of rotation, yes.
  19. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

We have 1/29 Abrasive around. Not quite Feruary but close. However, there's 2/24 Coffee Bender that hit the shelves.
    lonewolfcry likes this.