Is Abrasive still being brewed this year?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by ZAP, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (735) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

or is the run over? Dates I saw at a local store were 12/26/13 or something like that...would think there would be some newer product out if it was brewed...then again i am in northern mn where nothing surprises me..

2. shawnp

shawnp Savant (480) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Abrasive is done for the year but there are fresher canning runs than what you've seen...

3. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (475) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

Are you sure about that? They've canned it through early March in the past. I was counting on them doing that again this year:)

4. Yes, Todd said that they're done with Abrasive canning.

5. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Last canning was the week of 2/2-2/9 which has yet to be delivered to stores as shawnp stated.

Hop-Droppen-Roll likes this.
  6. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (445) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

Any eta on this hitting stores? I want some of the last run for Huna day next weekend. If I can't ship it in advance I will pick some up and pack it in my suitcase for my FL friends.

7. If you want the freshest, you are going to need to call around. Really no way around it. The stores around the cities seem to only have the older stuff. The newest I've seen is mid-January at this point, but many still have cases of stuff from Decemberl.

8. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (165) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

I think Abrasive could be around through March even though the last canning date was in early February. It seems like a lot of people are waiting for newer dates to come out. Eventually in March we will realize that what is available is all that is left and the supply will disappear quickly.

BeerGoogler likes this.
  9. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

The last couple of years I have been able to buy Abrasive in Rochester for Memorial Day Weekend. And yes, it's still awesome in May...especially in a canoe.

10. bucky10

bucky10 Aficionado (100) Minnesota Oct 14, 2010

Has anyone seen any Abrasive canned in Feb or even late Jan in the downtown or western burbs?

11. Yes I just picked up some 1/29 at Four firkins today.

BrettHead likes this.
  12. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (360) Minnesota Oct 27, 2010

I saw 1/29 at the Byerlys in SLP last night.

BeerGoogler likes this.
  13. My 4 pack from last week was canned 1-21-14. Much better than the first batch they sent chicago since we got distro back that was 12-19-13 or something.

14. All I see in Roch is 12/19/13

15. Has anyone seen February dates at all?

16. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

I think that's a Great Lakes forum question.;)

Seriously, I think stores have newer dates, but aren't putting it out 'til the older stuff is gone.

17. That is the definition of rotation, yes.

18. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

We have 1/29 Abrasive around. Not quite Feruary but close. However, there's 2/24 Coffee Bender that hit the shelves.

lonewolfcry likes this.