1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Is BCBS available in Florida?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by jmwildwest, Mar 14, 2013.

1. jmwildwest

jmwildwest Member

I know I see other Goose Island varieties available but haven't came across any Bourbon County. Any advice?
  2. ewright

ewright Member

GI just started distributing to FL last year, but only the big 4 year rounds that ABInbev is brewing. Same story in all their new markets.
  3. raczkowski

raczkowski Member

I'd say it would be a year before BCBS makes it down to here and during that year it'll be fairly rare to get it. Maybe a few kegs at world of beers or something if gi does a two takeover event. Just saw the year rounds in a couple stores this last week. No word on the bourbon county.
  4. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Member

I've heard may is the earliest for BCBS in nc, which is probably the same for Florida.
  5. ewright

ewright Member

Everything I've heard is not to expect BCBS in NC until 2014 at the earliest.
  6. closisinthehouse

closisinthehouse Member

Not sure where I read about it, but rumors are that kegs of bcbs will make into FL this year.
  7. powpig2002

powpig2002 Member

8. stouts4me

stouts4me Member

HD it at Huny Day, not too many wanted it.......brought it back home, so damn good.
  9. raczkowski

raczkowski Member

I wanted it Fred lol!
  10. Lutter

Lutter Member

Texas is a new market and we've gotten 750s/4-packs of Matilda, Sofie, Pepe Nero, and Pere Jaques.
  11. jmwildwest

jmwildwest Member

Thanks guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed and eyes open.
  12. codysjb

codysjb Member

They have upped production so much and made it year round that I would expect to see it within 12 months. BCBS is so popular, a fact AB inbev is aware of, that I think you will see this before you see any of the other four pack or bombers of GI stuff. Even if they haven't officially announced if/when its coming it seems like it would be the next logical step in terms of marketing.
  13. Finatic

Finatic Member

GI IPA and Honkers now at local Publix in Sarasota/ Bradenton. That's a good sign IMO:)
    gjoker321 likes this.
  14. BillHem

BillHem Member

I had asked awhile back at my publix liquors about bringing in different beers from the brewers they carry. They said as long as the brewer is on the distribution list, they can order individual beers for you from it.

ie: before CCB Florida Cracker was in most stores, a guy would request and pick it up at my local publix liquors.

going to try this with BCBS tomorrow and see how it goes....
  15. joshodonn

joshodonn Member

Let us know how this goes...
  16. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Member

The word from my distributor in SC is that the rollout for the vintage line (Belgians) is 6 months away and the "Prestige" (BCBS line) is 6-8 months after that.
  17. Gtreid

Gtreid Member

We're already getting the Belgians. I've bought many sofie's and Matilda's over the last month or so. Let's hope for the BCBS by fall.
    gjoker321 likes this.
  18. BillHem

BillHem Member

He said not yet :( but they will have that option soon. I guess BCBS is a bit harder to order in than like a 312
  19. dbelcher5761

dbelcher5761 Member

Where in FL are you located? All we've seen has been 312 and IPA.
  20. nc41

nc41 Member

We get some GI, but I heard at least year before there was any shot at BCBS. If they can increase production without killing the product I'm all for it, even as much as they brew the demand is still very high.
  21. Gtreid

Gtreid Member

I'm in estero. I usually hit up the tw in Naples, best tw I've been to. Beats the crap out of the one in fort Myers.