1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

is black note still available at bell's?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Levitation, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

it's a 24 bottle limit, and it was posted in another thread (now gone) that there are 5000 cases. can anyone confirm the case count? it seems like a lot of bottles (120,000 - about 10x as much as beatification, for example).

i'm sure people will be lining up to goandpickitupformebro. ba's are very generous. right?

2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Knew what this was before even clicking the thread. Leaving satisfied.

3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

They've now moved the remaining supply to the first rest area in Michigan, East of the Indiana boarder...they just wanted to make it easier for the friendly Illini to get at...You have to put your $23 into the coke machine, smack Sprite once, Dr. Pepper once, and Diet Coke twice. Out comes the 'Note.

4. Mandark

Mandark Zealot (575) Apr 8, 2008 Illinois

IIRC, the 5000 case number was posted by a known meth-head, so take that for what it's worth. If I'm mistaken, I do apologize.

5. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

It's good to see craft beer crossing over to the meth addict main stream. Probably In Bev's doing.

GrumpyOldTroll, davey101 and cfh64 like this.
  6. TheMonk41

TheMonk41 Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

Party's over ... All the cool BA's have moved on to the next release! This post is sooo fucking last Monday.

davey101 and BAstoutsNsours like this.
  7. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Just showed up on shelves here. We don't even get Bell's in MA…so weird.

AlexFields likes this.
  8. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2011 Minnesota

So you're saying that number is probably correct? Last time I checked, meth heads were really fucking good with numbers.

cfh64 likes this.
  9. Mandark

Mandark Zealot (575) Apr 8, 2008 Illinois

He probably is right that there are zeroes in it.

oregone likes this.
  10. tewaris

tewaris Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2009 Minnesota

Should it be ba's or bas or BAs? (Honest question)

11. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

it should be BAs, but i'm too lazy to capitalize, so it'll be bas, which looks like i'm typing mr. rutten's first name, so i add an extraneous apostrophe to convey my idea better.

basically, since i type like a lazy idiot, i have to compound my mistakes.

12. bauermj

bauermj Initiate (0) May 4, 2009 Illinois

I hope you're correct and it is really 100,000 bottles+ but that sounds awfully high. With Chicago stores declining orders due to small allocations I'm inclined to believe it's more along the lines of a Cherry Rye. Maybe there's a ton of it at the General Store, or maybe Chicago was offered a very small piece of the pie.

13. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 California

If Deschutes can do 100,000 22oz The Abyss.....Bell's can do 100,000 12oz Black Note.

14. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Illinois

Isn't Abyss only partially barrel-aged though?

15. baybassboy

baybassboy Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2011 California

Da leever!!!

16. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yes. Also, didn't they make way less of it this year? Normally the stuff flows like water, I didn't see a single bottle this year.

17. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

33% BA doe

18. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Illinois

That I don't know. I do know that I love it, and not having it in IL until the next release makes me sad.

19. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I know we haven't seen it in TX yet (supposedly at the end of the month) but it's supposed to be much more limited than prior years. I've heard its because Deschutes has expanded their distribution so they're trying to "spread the wealth" but thats all hearsay.

I'm honestly not a big fan, I try to get it for regular trading partners.

huadog likes this.
  20. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

Yes and since bottle count is an inverse ratio to cost, that makes each beatification worth $150 in black notes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.