1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Is Brandy Vanilla DL fading?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by joromiller, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Anyone recently cracked a bottle? I'm working a trade for a bottle and I'm fearful it may have fallen off a tad. Also have an offer for VBDL13 (which is fabulous) and trying to figure out which beer I'd rather have.

Any insight is great appreciated.

Cheers!
  2. what year did that come out? i mean bcbs vanilla is 3 years old and a lot of people are saying its drinking pretty amazing right now
  3. Brandy V was 2011. I've had BCBVS several times over the past 6 months. It is drinking fabulous. I had it side-by-side with VBDL, and it was embarrassing how much the VBDL overall dwarfed the BCBVS.
    Benny3000 likes this.
  4. several times!? i'd be happy to try it just once haha, i had cherry rye on tap and that was so damn good. i'd say go for the VBDL !
  5. I doubt it's fading, had the 12 around April/May and it was still a vanilla bomb. Really tasty but kinda wish it was a bit a bit more subtle. I had trouble finishing my part because it was too sweet by the end, split the bottle 3 ways.
  6. Sean9689

Sean9689 Advocate (705) Illinois Mar 17, 2009

I've had Brandy Vanilla 3 times this year (Feb, Jul, and Sept according to my Untappd) and it's still drinking wonderfully. If you can get in on the same level as the 2013 Bourbon Vanilla, you're getting a steal.
    CityofBals and ROBSTARR like this.
  7. Hindsight

Hindsight Aficionado (245) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

If you didn't have this figured out, why are you after it?
  8. It was offered to me, hero.
    regularjohn and ellswrth like this.
  9. I'm pretty sure it is faded, infected, oxidized, and not as hoppy as last year.
  10. founder26

founder26 Savant (450) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

can I hang with you? :cool:
  11. brian4beer

brian4beer Savant (330) Indiana Jan 27, 2013

If you can get it, GET IT!;)