Is Brewmeister Armageddon really 65%?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by agileh, Feb 5, 2013.

1. isnt 151 rum and 101 Wild Turkey?

ChanChan likes this.
  2. do you mean 133.6 proof?

3. Yes but I was drunk when I typed that

4. haha just giving you shit, bro!

What will it take to get some more Jack's Abby sent my way? ;)

5. Some fresh elevated will do it, I will send some out next time I get some super fresh. I can usually get it 1 or 2 days after bottling so I will hook you up.

6. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

Here's a question nobody is asking: Does anyone even care?

We all learned a long time ago that gimmicky beers made for the sake of stupid reasons, usually taste terrible.

Looking at you brewdog....

Tchfunkta likes this.
  7. No need to look at Brewdog, no one else is anymore.

Tchfunkta, WhatANicePub and kmatlack like this.
  8. ElCommodoro

ElCommodoro Aficionado (220) Texas Mar 24, 2011

Are you retarded, sir?

jtmartino likes this.
  9. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

It's technically called fractional freezing. Thank you high school chemistry.

10. Yes I am besides this is the internet so I am not wrong the beer is not 65% ABV. Unless you have the exact number you are not much better.

11. ISO: BCBS Rare aged in 151 barrels aka Bourbon County Bat Shit

12. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

That much is crystal clear.

ElCommodoro likes this.
  13. Cvescalante

Cvescalante Savant (400) Texas Dec 24, 2012

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT!! I'm wildly amused by all the bullshit and false info being shared for the BA community in this thread!!

14. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

Drunk lahey would never waste rye in such a manner!

15. speaking of ABV... whats up with budwieser ???

16. maxbeer

maxbeer Aficionado (100) Italy Mar 25, 2005

To check the ABV, a hydrometer alone would not help, unless the liquid is only water+alcohol with no residual sugars; you should know also the OG if you want to check the ABV. BUT, you could use a refractometer. Its sugar reading is distorted by alcohol, but this disadvantage can be turned into a "feature" because you can compare refr. and hydr. values, do the math and calculate an approx ABV (I developed some formulas and put them in a mag article and in an Excel sheet, also in my site maxbeer.org).
    In short, if there is a homebrewer who is equipped with both refr. and hydr, and has that beer... he/she can send me the values (here or better still to info at maxbeer dot org) and I would calculate an approx ABV and post here
    ciao
    max

17. I tried some this past Sunday. There is no way it's 65% ABV. I had some Utopias the same day and it was way boozier (and infinitely more delicious) than this junk.

vacax likes this.
  18. I thought I read recently that they've made a stronger version of it too

It was mentioned that it's proof, not abv, so 32.5% abv.

19. GRG1313

GRG1313 Champion (890) California Jan 15, 2009

Bottle we tried said 65%; thus the controversy and "outrage." Candidly, when we tasted it last Sunday, we found it hard to believe that it could even be 32.5%. (It did not pass the "flame test," assuming that's a valid test.)

UCLABrewN84 likes this.
  20. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (360) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

Where did it say proof?

Edit: if it was 32.5% abv it wouldn't be the strongest beer in the world....[​IMG]

21. I had it at the xmas-nye bottle share/poker game at my house.

Tasted nothing like 65%. Or 32.5% Or beer for that matter.

Thanks for the tick though koufax21.

22. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (445) California Nov 20, 2010

ticked this last weekend. NO CHANCE it's 65%.

vacax and Beerandraiderfan like this.
  23. To sum this board up, brewdog is blatantly lying to their customers AND claiming a false world record, and for those reasons they will never see a cent of my money.

24. Yeah I'm not disputing they are talking bollocks on a number of levels :eek:

I've not tried it either, it sounds hideous

25. Not that I disagree with you, but this particular beer is not a Brewdick product.

26. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Champion (955) Illinois Apr 21, 2009

I'm jealous of all of you disappointed folk: I ordered my bottle in October, saw it supposedly shipped in December, and I'm still waiting on it. The not knowing of it all is driving me crazy! riguhpogihb oiu ghboihugorhvobnuvioubnr8opibp!!!1!

(Also, science...)

27. Tchfunkta

Tchfunkta Aficionado (225) Kentucky May 14, 2009

151 is bacardi rum. your thinking wild turkey 101.

28. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (445) California Nov 20, 2010

I noticed that the bottle was a bit on the small side. Maybe they meant 65% of 330 ml.

29. mark99

mark99 Aficionado (195) New York Mar 10, 2010

Come on people, if you really want to freak out about some alcohol content you better try George T. Stagg bourbon whisky, 71.3% ABV (142.6 Proof) it is actually one of the greatest alcoholic beverages ever invented and the taste is a Fathomless Mastery.