1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Is Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute easy to find in Miami-FLL?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by MooseBoose, Jan 3, 2013.

1. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

Here is the scoop my Floridian brethern. Flying in for a family cruise arriving on a Friday night. Flying into FLL, staying at hotel near the Miami airport. Looking to pick up some Dogfish Head 60 and 90 for my bro and I to enjoy on Friday night, and wondering if places like grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. in the area will carry it, or if I need to find more exculsive craft beer stores. Anyone know of any places along the route between airports that would work?

Thanks much for any help!

2. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Yes, it's ubiquitous.

3. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

It is all over the place, and 120 is out now as well. Good luck

4. MooseBoose

Does a grocery store like Publix have it typically?

5. Bluecane

In my experience, yes (at least the 60 and 90).

6. JohnQVD

JohnQVD Savant (365) New York Jan 23, 2011

If you're renting a car, go north on US-1 from the airport (FLL) to SE 17th St and make a right. Go a couple of blocks and there's a Crown Wine and Spirits on the left and a big plaza on the right with a Publix and a Total Wine. One of the three will have 90 minute and they'll probably all have 60. If that doesn't work, there's a plaza a couple more miles up Route 1 that has an ABC and a Whole Foods (past where it curves east and then curves north again-on the right side). They'll both almost certainly have 60 and 90. Definitely grab the beers in Lauderdale. There's less around the Miami airport and the traffic's a lot worse.

7. MooseBoose

Not renting a car, getting a van service. He did tell me they would make one stop for us at a grocery store or the like.

8. John QVD has it right -- that way you are not trying to get around Miami looking for beer -- get it in FLL where he suggests and then have the van drive you to your hotel. If you need restaurant/pub recommendations near your hotel, let me know.

9. Publix should have it (60 and 90) but be careful, the bottles can be way past their prime.

voxomkid likes this.
  10. JohnQVD

JohnQVD Savant (365) New York Jan 23, 2011

Then definitely go for the Harbor Shops on SE 17th. It's only a couple miles up the road from the Fort Lauderdale airport and you get two shots (Total Wine and Publix) to find both.

Bluecane likes this.
  11. Bluecane

And you could walk across the street to Crown, too!