1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Is it possible to buy Westy bottles anywhere in Brussels?

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by drocpsu, Jun 7, 2012.

1. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (255) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

I'm just wondering, is it possible to buy Westvleteren bottles anywhere in Brussels? A friend of mine is going to be out there for a week for work (so he'll be unable to really travel outside of the city), and I'd love it if it would be possible for him to pick me up a bottle or two.
  2. biertemple has it when i went in february... pretty pricy.. 13 euros i think
  3. Let me know where he will stay and i will ship some bottles to his hotel. I have done this before and is works like a charm! You can pay the costs by paypal. Mail me if you are interested.............

Thijs
  4. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (650) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Beer Mania does...but it's pricey...I think €12 for the 12 and less for the others at the store. They also sell the wooden cases for €15.
  5. beerdweeb

beerdweeb Savant (300) California Nov 28, 2010

Thijs is the man!!!
    azorie and Mar02x like this.
  6. also make sure he goes the to the Cantillon brewery if he goes to brussels!
  7. Pretty sure 8 and the blonde were available at bier tempel two weeks ago for like 9 and 8 euros respectively. Or take up Thijs on his offer.
  8. epk

epk Savant (325) New Jersey Jun 10, 2008

It's shame he can't get a car for a day off and drive out - it's like an hour and a half.
  9. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Weird, I didn't see them there, and I was looking.
  10. they were there in february
  11. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Yeah, I replied to the other guy and not you because I was in Brussels about two weeks ago, not in February.
  12. oops sry didnt read the whole thing my bad.
  13. I saw the 8 at Bier Temple on Monday for 9 euros. They didn't have any 12 on the shelf and don't remember if I saw the blond.
  14. Yeah, I dunno. It sa May 28th I think. They were on the shelf with all the other Trappists. Maybe they got cleaned out.
  15. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (690) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Beer Mania had bottles of the 8 for 10-ish on Friday.
  16. beerpirates

beerpirates Savant (435) Belgium May 4, 2010

I was at the abbey Saterday 9 june and they had " 3 packs " for sale at the abbey ( 1 blond , 1 8 and 1 12 ) for 9 € , 1 3 pack a person !
    And they had six packs from the blond and the 8 for sale at in de vrede a cross the street from where the abbey is , 1 six pack a person , they also had fresh abbeychees abbeypate , and icecream made from westvleteren 12 ! So good !
    totoropanda likes this.
  17. Westvleteren 12 icecream?! I want......
  18. LBIsurf

LBIsurf Initiate (0) New Jersey Mar 17, 2009

They don't always have them, I was a regular at Bier Temple for a while and I only ever saw Westies there once. I believe the 12 was 12€, the 10 was 10€, etc. It was too expensive for me, so I didn't buy any. I regret that now that I don't live in Brussels anymore...
  19. From my experience you're bound to find a bar or bottleshop carrying them, but marked up quite a bit. Just ask and they'll be straight up with you b/c they think people will pay whatever they charge, especially if you're looking for it.
  20. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a wooden case when I was there in April 2011.