Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...
Dismiss Notice
Join The Buzz! Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest BeerAdvocate updates delivered to your inbox.

Is this a good price for a 12 pack of Guinness?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by slyguymike, Mar 11, 2013.

1. slyguymike

slyguymike Disciple (50) California Dec 30, 2009

Recently found a beer store next to me that had the The Guinness Holiday 12 Pack (bottles) for $6.99

The Guinness Holiday Pack is perfect for parties and holiday family gatherings. Each pack contains these four styles; Black Lager, foreign extra stout :), draught in the bottle and Generous Ale.

Is this a good price or just the standard?

Thanks

2. This sentence requires a citation.

3. KingBiscuit

KingBiscuit Advocate (540) Illinois May 30, 2005 Verified

I would run away from any $6.99 12-pack. Far far away.

4. herrburgess

herrburgess Champion (925) South Carolina Nov 4, 2009 Verified

Many stores here (SC) discount Guinness around St. Patrick's Day. Perhaps it's a promotional deal.

5. hardy008

hardy008 Champion (795) Minnesota Jan 12, 2008 Subscriber

It's a good price. I just wonder how old it is?

6. Uniobrew31

Uniobrew31 Advocate (655) Pennsylvania Jan 16, 2012 Verified

If I saw it I would buy every one they had. It came out about two or three weeks before Christmas so it isn't too old. And 13.98 is a good deal on a 42 dollar case of beer. A four pack of FE is 9 bucks for god sakes and you get 3 in the holiday pack. It's a St. Patrick's day miracle if you ask me!

victory4me and Willbfun like this.
  7. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Advocate (505) Florida Jun 13, 2012

That's a Christmas Sampler Pack that was selling for $15.99 in the Tampa area (at Total Wine). Three Foreign Extra Stouts for $6.99 is a good deal.

8. Thats a cheap price.

9. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (960) Finland Aug 15, 2010

I picked one of these up at the Total Wine in Redondo Beach for the same price last week. I highly recommend it.

Scored 6 Solstice D'Hiver at $1.00 a piece while I was there too. ;)

victory4me and Duff27 like this.
  10. Guinness... The next time I drink it will be at St. James Gate.

11. I don't much enjoy Guinness, but that is a great price. And the Generous Ale, which is exclusive to that pack, is a pretty solid brew. I bought a 12-pack for $9.99 and was satisfied.

12. TongoRad

TongoRad Poobah (1,035) New Jersey Jun 3, 2004 Verified

The inclusion of the FES pushes it into 'definite' territory for me.

13. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (965) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

I would buy them all and take them to a St. Patty's day party.

Craigory, ShanePB and johnyb like this.
  14. tbryan5

tbryan5 Advocate (545) Louisiana Sep 22, 2012 Verified

I paid $6.99 for a Guinness holiday 12-pack and they were all fine. Not my favorite but I couldn't pass up the deal.

15. Handle

Handle Savant (405) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

I can't remember the last time I purchased Guinness anything, but I'd snatch up a case at that price -- especially considering I'd be getting six of the Foreign Extra Stouts in the process.

16. ShanePB

ShanePB Champion (990) Pennsylvania Sep 6, 2010 Verified

Absolutely would buy it. I just spent $10 here for a 4-pack of Foreign Extra Stout for Sunday.