1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Is this a good price for a 12 pack of Guinness?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by slyguymike, Mar 11, 2013.

1. slyguymike

slyguymike Disciple (50) California Dec 30, 2009

Recently found a beer store next to me that had the The Guinness Holiday 12 Pack (bottles) for $6.99

The Guinness Holiday Pack is perfect for parties and holiday family gatherings. Each pack contains these four styles; Black Lager, foreign extra stout :), draught in the bottle and Generous Ale.

Is this a good price or just the standard?

Thanks

2. This sentence requires a citation.

3. KingBiscuit

KingBiscuit Savant (465) Illinois May 30, 2005

I would run away from any $6.99 12-pack. Far far away.

4. Many stores here (SC) discount Guinness around St. Patrick's Day. Perhaps it's a promotional deal.

5. hardy008

hardy008 Champion (760) Minnesota Jan 12, 2008

It's a good price. I just wonder how old it is?

6. If I saw it I would buy every one they had. It came out about two or three weeks before Christmas so it isn't too old. And 13.98 is a good deal on a 42 dollar case of beer. A four pack of FE is 9 bucks for god sakes and you get 3 in the holiday pack. It's a St. Patrick's day miracle if you ask me!

victory4me and Willbfun like this.
  7. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

That's a Christmas Sampler Pack that was selling for $15.99 in the Tampa area (at Total Wine). Three Foreign Extra Stouts for $6.99 is a good deal.

8. Thats a cheap price.

9. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (905) Texas Aug 15, 2010

I picked one of these up at the Total Wine in Redondo Beach for the same price last week. I highly recommend it.

Scored 6 Solstice D'Hiver at $1.00 a piece while I was there too. ;)

victory4me and Duff27 like this.
  10. Guinness... The next time I drink it will be at St. James Gate.

11. I don't much enjoy Guinness, but that is a great price. And the Generous Ale, which is exclusive to that pack, is a pretty solid brew. I bought a 12-pack for $9.99 and was satisfied.

12. The inclusion of the FES pushes it into 'definite' territory for me.

13. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

I would buy them all and take them to a St. Patty's day party.

Craigory, ShanePB and johnyb like this.
  14. tbryan5

tbryan5 Savant (480) Louisiana Sep 22, 2012

I paid $6.99 for a Guinness holiday 12-pack and they were all fine. Not my favorite but I couldn't pass up the deal.

15. Handle

Handle Savant (395) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

I can't remember the last time I purchased Guinness anything, but I'd snatch up a case at that price -- especially considering I'd be getting six of the Foreign Extra Stouts in the process.

16. Absolutely would buy it. I just spent $10 here for a 4-pack of Foreign Extra Stout for Sunday.