1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Islands restaurant.

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by whiskey, Feb 4, 2013.

1. whiskey

whiskey Savant (415) California Feb 25, 2012

Anybody know who brew their beers? Just curious.

2. I think it's Firestone Walker.

whiskey and j47paco like this.
  3. whiskey

Just asked the bartender and she said FW. Totally shocked she knew.

4. yeah but holy crap is their food mediocre. Went in there the other day with my girlfriend...I had a Ruthless Rye and she had the Island's Blonde. The beers were good (except for being served in frosty mugs), and that's about it

5. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

If they're even still on the menu (it's been that long) the yaki tacos and the blue cheese burger were the only two palatable things.

jtmartino likes this.
  6. whiskey

I was born and raised in Huntington, you guys are goddamn food snobs if you honk they're food is shitty. They're not the best in the world, but they have good burgers.

7. My experience is that Islands are highly variable, both between restaurants and within restaurants.

danscott likes this.
  8. mjl21

mjl21 Advocate (550) California Apr 3, 2008

Huntington, West Virginia?

pinkgrenade, domtronzero and riko like this.
  9. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Savant (250) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

In all honesty do you really expect that much from Islands? It is what it is

Their cheddar fries were a favorite of mine!

10. Hell yes they do! That one with crispy onions and some kind of spicy sauce is 1500 calories of pure heaven.