1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: BA's to meet/trade while in Belgium/Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by furthurgone, Aug 20, 2013.

1. I tried posting an IP ISO in the trade forums but got nowhere... I'm thinking it got buried before it was seen by anyone in the right time zone. I will be on a backpacking trip through northern Europe, landing in Dublin working my way east to Munich. I will be in Brussels starting September 17 and I was hoping to meet up and have some beers and do some in person trading with some local BA's. I will be in the region for about a week and I will be trying to visit as many places as possible during this time. We have no set itinerary but are hoping to hit Bruge, Gent, Antwerp and wherever else our wandering takes us. I also have a 7 hour layover in Copenhagen on the 17th and will be hitting Mikkeller Bar at the least. The goal is to get to as many breweries and cafes in the week that we have. I'm also looking for transportation and possible couches to crash on for my girlfriend and I.

FT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlzEbJMISXPgdGUxMmZaNzA0TnUtSjdKU0tpVXRDN2c&output=html

ISO: Lambic and Gueuze
  2. verbalessence

verbalessence Zealot (75) Belgium Jul 3, 2013

Any particular Geuze or Lambic you're looking for?
  3. You'll have figured this out probably but from CPH, there's a 20?-minute train to the main station and Mikkeller is ~5 minutes from there. So it's about the only thing you CAN do w/7 hours. Sorry that I'll probably miss you in Belgium
  4. Verbalessence - Beers I can't easily acquire in the US. Usual suspects... Blaebar, one off and vintage Loons and Drie Fonteinen, anything I should know about but don't.

I figured Mikkeller would be the only stop, I don't want to risk missing my flight.
  5. Don't push it with your flight, but also near the Copenhagen train station -- in fact closer, just past the entry gate to the Tivoli amusement park, is the decent brewpub Apollo with the appropriate food. If you like ribs in America, consider that about half of them are imported from Denmark. Jus' saying. ANYWAY. Back to the lambics. Sorry I can't be around for a trade (not that you want to backpack your precious stock anyway). See the recent thread in this forum on finding vintage lambics; you can at least amuse yourself that way. Without a car or considerable patience to bus yourself around the Pajottenland, Brussels is possibly the best choice for places to go poking around in search of your fix. Second best is probably getting yourself to Beersel on a short commuter train from several stations in Brussels, but only Mon.-Fri. Or get the bus Sunday morning to Eizeringen for In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst (and you can order bottles to go via their online shop, but have to do it a couple days ahead). Well, you have read all this, your thread was really about arranging trades, and I'm sure you'll find some, but this is all just consolation prizes.
  6. Thank you for the info.
  7. I can trade some Cantillon - 3F and other (lesser) gods on the Gueuze scene, post me !
  8. The trades were mostly a shot in the dark. You never know what you'll get unless you try.