1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

ISO: BCBVS FT: Sucaba '12 + 13'

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by PsilohsaiBiN, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alefish

alefish Aficionado (240) New Jersey Jan 26, 2012

You might have to up the ante, a lotta bit.

2. whiskey

whiskey Savant (385) California Feb 25, 2012

I've never commented on someone's silly iso:ft, and I can understand total n00bs asking something like this, but you've been around for awhile and you have some pretty good stuff on your cellar list, so how in the fuck do you expect this trade to happen? I know I should let the crickets do their job, but damn.

3. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (455) New York Jan 30, 2011

This threadshitting is ridiculous.
    go away
    If I didn't have a crapload of Sucaba I would make this happen just to shut you up.
    Someone out there (me included) has a bunch of vanilla and some don't have access to FW (not me) and would make this trade.
    You obviously are a member of the new class (or classless) "BA" that ruined trading.

4. JMagee

JMagee Aficionado (200) New York Jan 2, 2013

Well that escalated quickly

5. whiskey

I
    I believe I have a good rep with my trade partners. But I'll tell you what, I see you have Ivan on and Event horizon on your wants list.
    If you send the OP a BCBVS, I'll send you those two. Put your money where your mouth is.

Plus you're a Steelers fan, now I want to see you part with your Vanilla even more.

6. SteelersX

Big guy... I haven't changed my wants or gots since the site change. I bought a case of Ivan from a online beer store and event horizon? Eh had it a few times and it's ok - nothing special.

just for fun :p - you have no gots so I couldn't find anything to make this deal.
    [​IMG]

7. SteelersX

Sorry if my last post was harsh but I HATE thread/trade police.
    It's just fucking beer
    2 happy parties = fair trade. - at least that's how trading used to be.

8. True, it's definately how it used to be.

No need to knock on Whiskey, it's a pretty far out offer. Two common beers for much of the west coast for an aged very tough to acquire shelf whale. From pure quality standpoint it's two great beers for one great beer. Unfortunately, rarity is more important than ever on the forums

9. SteelersX

Your right and I am sorry but let trades be: unless they ask for advise - The OP did not
    Sucuba is a pretty damn good beer and I could see someone who has a few vanillas and has no access to FW making this trade. Even if they regret making the trade six months down the road it has happened to everyone.
    It's just beer.

there should be a box to be selected for replied for the trading forum.
    If I make a trade offer and someone replies like whiskey did I would be a little pissed.

And can I say I just received a private message from a BA that said the following

"Just wanted to say that what you said regarding the Vanilla for sucaba trade was awesome!

Cheers! "

obviously an old school BA!

10. I hear yeah, and agree. I had a 2012 Sucaba at Beachwood two hours ago and it is even better than 2013, just damn perfect with a year on it. Vanilla just seems so hard to get these days! :(

11. SteelersX

I know - It was a really easy to get variant in the selected cities but that was right on the bubble of the craziness. Now we know it wont be made again which sucks.
    We are on the same page and my post was harsh but so was his.
    If someone makes a trade offer and it doesn't get done, the thread dies

if it dies, it dies - please just let it die and stop with the stupid comments

12. whiskey

I just felt like the OP should know better. And however BA used to be, old school BA's still give advice on trade values, if they were that passionate about it they would refuse to give advice. The stupid Venn Diagram has become integral to trading regardless of how shitty that may be...and really, it's integral to any hobby that involves "collecting" things. If an old lady has a matching numbers Barracuda and sells it to a dude that knows better for a grand is that ok because she's happy to get a thousand bucks? It's only a car.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything(hence the crickets comment) but I do have a problem keeping my mouth shut. Having said that, this has been a good lesson in thinking before speaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.