1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: (jw lees and thomas hardy) glassware

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Breweriana Only)' started by stakem, Dec 11, 2012.

1. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

I havent seen a request like this before so I know this probably isnt going to be easy. (Jedwards dont you laugh at me!)

Google search reveals at least 2 different Hardy's glasses exist. One is a golden/copper metallic colored text snifter. The other is a tighter more globe shape snifter with white text.

I cant find a snifter or tulip for jw lees but have seen some standard style pub glasses with the harvest logo.

FT: other glassware of equal limited availability and/or beer if necessary.

jedwards likes this.
  2. stakem

looks like the thomas hardy part of this ISO is taken care of. thank you to those who contacted me

im still looking for a jw lees piece if anyone has one or a lead

cheers!

jedwards and widespreadhop like this.
  3. jedwards

jedwards Savant (330) California Feb 3, 2009

Take some nice pictures once you've got it!

4. stakem

im pretty bad at picture taking but ill give it a go. the harder part is going to be which vintage do i pour into her first as a welcoming into my home

5. Not sure what you mean by a "standard style pub glass" (in the US, that'd be a shaker pint, but your profile doesn't list a location) but J. W. Lee has put out logo-ed glasses like the below. About 10-11 US oz. to the brim, so comfortably holds a bottle of the beer:

[​IMG]

jedwards and Rempo like this.
  6. stakem

That is the one I was referring to. I live in central PA. A local place once referred to a very similar glass as their "standard pub glass" and that name has stuck with me for some reason.

7. stakem

Big thanks to BA widespreadhop for the trade!
    [​IMG]

8. widespreadhop

widespreadhop Zealot (95) Georgia Jan 5, 2011

It was my pleasure! I'm glad you're enjoying them, always love seeing proper glassware pictures. Thank you for the trade as well!