1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: Kern River Valley Double Citra FT

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by MRAnderson, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRAnderson

MRAnderson Aficionado (185) Indiana Apr 17, 2012

I can get several 3 Floyds, Founders, Bells beers..Message me and we can talk a trade, i also have access to Mikkellar beers as well..

2. Wait until the next release it won't be fresh now.

3. MRAnderson

ok thanks man, do you know when that will happen? I have been told the Brew Master brews it whenever he feels like it...

4. gibby

gibby Aficionado (230) Pennsylvania Jul 25, 2008

They usually announce it on facebook when they will be selling a fresh batch

5. Keep an eye on beer releases but is usually twice a year so probably August or September. I wish it was brewed more as I love it and trade for it each release.

6. MRAnderson

ok my man will do, i hope i cant get my mittens on it..does it stand up to Heady Topper?

7. MRAnderson

Thanks man, ill keep an eye out, i hope i can get a good trade on it.

8. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

I prefer it to Heady, but I know plenty who think the opposite. Both are stellar.

9. 2dogbrew

2dogbrew Savant (410) Virginia Mar 2, 2009

Heady topper is much better, IMO

10. Based on location you shouldn't have a problem, the last 2 I got were for KBS and FBS equal dollars. Three Floyd's stuff will work no problem with the right trader.

11. I love Heady and have drank 8 over the last couple of days and may slightly prefer it, but it is not much better by any stretch. Both are top notch DIPAs

12. FYI...it's kern river brewing. :)
    Like others have said, wait until the next release, especially if you've never had it before.

13. MRAnderson

yeah that is the brewery for sure, but the actual county is Valley...i stand corrected..a little ;) yeah i def want it..i have heard amazing things about it..be jealous that i have a case of KBS reserved and already paid for...i mayyyyyyyy trade some off.

14. MRAnderson

omg i love Heady, i have had it a few times and it is such a Resiny delicious brew...but i do live in Indiana and i drink 3 Floyds weekly, life isnt too bad i suppose.

15. Three Floyd's has a sweeter finish but good. Next release get some Citra or aim for the most recent Double Sunshine

16. Actually, the county is just kern. The brewery itself in the Kern River valley area, which encompasses the surrounding areas, none of which is its own county. That entire area falls into the Kern county jurisdiction though. Now you stand corrected...fully. :)

Have fun with your case of KBS. I don't see the point of getting jealous of it though. Should you be jealous I can drive 20 minutes and drink Citra on tap for a couple weeks after the weekend bottle release? ;)

17. Advice: KRB Citra is hops dominant and IMO starts losing flavor quicker than any IPA/DIPA I've had - maybe 2-3 weeks. Try to set up a pre-trade so the bottles get to you ASAP. Start keeping an eye out on BA in mid-July and you won't miss the release.

However, Citra is seriously hyped, so don't be surprised when people are asking for barrel aged beers, especially in the 'pre-trade phase.'

18. MRAnderson

i have a case of KBS right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.