1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: Mimosa FT: Coffee Eclipse

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by Luv2Brew422, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Title says it. Also willing to expand. Please let me know if I am off on this and I could possibly add on.
    Cheers

2. rudzud

rudzud Advocate (630) Massachusetts Apr 28, 2010

Best of luck to you sir. Wish I was after that beer.

3. I wish you were after it too! In fact, you should go after it! Hell, I'll even let it go for a Mimosa! In all seriousness, thanks for your well wishes. Didnt recieve any offers though, do you think I am off on this trade?

4. rudzud

rudzud Advocate (630) Massachusetts Apr 28, 2010

somewhat. Well, more than somewhat. The coffee 50/50 is fading from what I heard (havent actually tried it myself). The people who still have mimosa (like myself) by now are basically hoarding it waiting to share with friends or for an epic offer to come by.

5. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

it not fading at all, i recently had it and its tasting great, probably my favorite variation. the coffee flavor is very well intergrated with eclipse.
    mimosa is being released again isnt it? (or so ive heard)

what was the bottle count on minosa?

6. Seeing as a Coffee Eclipse landed a 2009 BT the other day, I think is more a case of finding the right person, rather than it not being a good enough offer.

7. jaasen64

jaasen64 Savant (460) Massachusetts Jan 15, 2012

I can't see how coffee would fade that fast, I had a '02 Peche Mortel about a month ago and it still had quite a bit of coffee.

I talked to Shaun a few weeks ago and he said they didn't have any plans to remake Mimosa as of now. He did say they would have a 5-6% wine-barrel aged citrus saison similar to Mimosa except lower abv that will probably be released this summer.

8. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

Thanks for the info! Sounds delicious

9. Awesome. Thanks everyone. The coffee eclipse was just released last month and is really good. Maybe there was another version that im not aware of that has faded but definitely not the 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.