1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

ISO: Peg's Cantina/Brewpub Snifter FT: Beer/Glassware/Lets make a deal

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by beenitty, Aug 9, 2012.

1. beenitty

beenitty Savant (340) New Jersey Nov 27, 2010

Looking for a Peg's snifter from the Brewpub.

BM me me if you have one up for a swap, more than willing to make a deal.

2. beenitty

beenitty Savant (340) New Jersey Nov 27, 2010

still looking for this one...anyone may have one with the recent RareR rush let me know

3. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

For what it's worth. I purchased a Peg's snifter last year at the brewery to bring back to PA with me and it was the worst glassware purchase ive ever made. I love Doug's beer and dont mean to come across as a dick but I really hope they have changed their glassware. The first time I washed it... hand washed mind you with mild detergent and a soft sponge and luke warm water, the label bubbled. The second time I washed it, 90% of the logo washed off. It came off sort of like it was a tacky latex paint that never was fully affixed to the glass. To add fuel to the fire, it looks/feels like it was also hand blown. It is not symmetrical and does not stand flat on the base, it easily rocks back and forth. Perhaps I got a bad glass and the rest are all better than my experience. Just thought you should know prior to possibly upping your offer and potentially getting something you might end up disappointed with.

4. I just picked up a couple of these. I probably wouldn't have noticed unless you posted this, but one is the "label" like you said--seemingly not good quality--and the other one is etched. So maybe they're switching to etchings due to the poor label quality. I'll probably just throw the first one in the display case and never wash/use it, so thanks for the info.

PS - Not trading these, BTW. :p

5. same thing happened to me. the entire logo is worn off at this point.

6. jsilva

jsilva Savant (365) Massachusetts Nov 10, 2009

Glad i read this before i washed and used mine.

7. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

They must have changed somewhere down the line. My Cycle Brewing snifter from Peg's is etched glass and is holding up perfectly.