1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: Ravens fan FT: Pats fan

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by rowingbrewer, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking to do a $30 locals for locals bet on the afc championship game. No spread consideration just winning teams fan gets the box. No beers with overlap distribution to be included in box.

Bm me
  2. johnyb

johnyb Advocate (520) Florida Aug 11, 2012

Why is it that all these "friendly wager beer bets" with NO point spreads/odds offered that keep appearing here are offered by guys whose teams are favored by near double digits?
  3. KaslD

KaslD Initiate (0) California Nov 25, 2012

Yea I agree thats bullshit.
  4. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

Because people always bite for the upset
  5. 2012 week 3 @ Baltimore loss 31-30
    2011 season afc champ @ new England win 23-20
    2010 week 7 @ new England win 23-20
    2009 season divisional playoff @ new England loss 33-14

I also posted this offer before the spread was posted. And to the 9.5 spread, I can't remember the last time the pats beat the ravens by more than a TD
  6. Because this is a beer site, not an online book making operation. It sounded like a simple "let's have fun " kind of offer.
  7. Thank you. Friendly wager is all this is. I would only take the one bet, not 50 and adjust the spread based on which way people bet.
  8. nate8767

nate8767 Aficionado (185) Alabama Nov 1, 2011

Yeah, this makes me sick too, people trying to catch the few others who won't realize how much of a sucker this makes them.
  9. Its $30 in locals. No suckers here either way. Its the NFL, anything can happen. Um didn't Baltimore just upset Denver in Mile High as a 9.5 point dog?
  10. djrn2

djrn2 Champion (780) New Jersey Nov 4, 2009

Fuck the ravens and pats. I hope a bomb drops on the stadium. I would never do this bet, even though I would like the ravens to win.
  11. Well to all the people bitching about this proposed bet, don't worry apparently no ravens fans are suckers, they are all chickens cause nobody is willing to take the bet.
  12. I agree what a joke this guy of course he says no pts
    he is looking for some super sucker to take this or what
    if you were betting normal the pats probably laying 4 to 1 without the pts
    cmon on guy they should remove this thread lol
  13. This thread is full of wah wah wah... :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.