1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: Stone 10.10.10 VE (multiple) FT: Stone 06.06.06 VE and/or 03.03.03 Vertical Epic

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by Sunhunters, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For Trade: I have an extra bottle of 06.06.06 & 03.03.03 Stone VE (one bottle of each) that I don't need for my collection. The ales have been stored upright in a genuine root cellar which has extremely stable (50-65 F) temperatures. They have been stored in boxes in the cellar and have had no exposure to light.

In Search Of: I am looking for 10.10.10 Stone VE (need 6 more bottles) to round out my collection. If you need an '03 or and '06 and you have multiple cellar-aged or otherwise temperature-controlled '10s, then it's your lucky day.

Get back to me via pm to talk shop.

Cheers

Jon McCarthy

2. how are the Stone VE when aged? I have heard more bad than good. Sorry not a trade question was just curious as to if they are worth the hype or not.

3. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (320) California Nov 21, 2008

It's a shame that I only have one 10.10.10 left, I'm dying to get my hands on a 03.03.03. Not to mention 06.06.06 is drinking incredibly well right now. Might I interest you in something else for the 03.03.03? My cellar list is on "cellarhq", just look up "queens1130".

4. queens1130

5. Cheesemoose

Cheesemoose Savant (265) Florida Jul 17, 2009

6. To BrewCityBeerBuff: I haven't been keeping up on the reviews, though I have heard some of the beers may have already peaked. I am collecting for a end-of-the-world vertical tasting and beer dinner to be held sometime in December or January, just as soon as I can get my hand on two cases of 12.12.12, so I won't be popping any more VEs until I have the whole collection in hand. Fingers crossed for a great experience.

To queens1130: I like the look of your cellar, but it's all very familiar to me. RRB, Stone, DFH, etc are all standbys in my own collection. I really am only considering trading off the 03.03.03 because I need the 10.10.10s specifically. If I can get them without losing the '03 it will be auctioned off at the VE beer dinner. However, I have seen several '03s up for grab on eBay recently, though they are going for a premium. I have had good luck with eBay personally.

7. queens1130

@ sun hunters - no sweat, was worth a try. I'll see if my buddy has extras that I'd swap you for it. Is the end of the world vertical tasting / dinner open invite? It sounds like an amazing event that I'd like to get in on

8. I'm still in the planning/collection stages. There will be limited spaces, given the rarity of the beers - I want to make sure there is plenty for everyone that attends. I expect to be able to serve around 30 guests total. So far only about a third of those spots are definitely spoken for. I also plan on inviting a rep or two from Stone.

I'm still debating how to go about filling the other spots. I may sell tickets first come first serve (to cover my investment: I was made aware of the VE series in 2007 and had to trade/eBay to get the earlier beers). Instead, I may auction off the remaining seats and donate any profit to charity. The event will be in California, most likely in Santa Rosa or San Francisco.

9. To potential traders:

After further consideration I am taking the 03.03.03 off the table. I just got in touch with my old buddy Dylan on facebook earlier today and was asking him about the '10s. He reminded me that I had previously promised to trade him the '03 several years ago, and he guilt-tripped me a bit. So even though he doesn't have the '10s I need I am going to save the '03 for him and work out some other trade when his ship gets back from tour in May.

That said, I still have the 06.06.06 up for grabs, as well as some other cellar aged gems of which I have extra:

Stone Vertical Epic 06.06.06
    Deschuttes 2009 Mirror Mirror Barleywine
    Deschuttes 2010 Jubel (aged in red wine barrels)
    Allagash 2011 Curieux (I just opened a 2008 Curieux a couple weeks ago and it was prime!)
    Dogfish Head 2008 Black and Blue
    North Coast Old Stock Ale 12oz Vertical ('09,'10,'11)
    A whole mess of 12oz Lagunitas Brown Shugga ('08 & '09)

I will poke around in the cellar later and see what else I dig up.

P.S. - Is there any way to change the post title? I don't want to mislead anyone about the 03.03.03

10. Found the 10s I need, thanks very much to everyone that offered a trade!

11. sendsilk

sendsilk Advocate (500) Florida Aug 31, 2007

Crap, I just saw this and I have TONS of the 10-10-10.

12. queens1130

@ sun hunters - thanks for the info, glad you found your beers, cheers!

13. Ditto. And good luck with your 'epic' vertical taste

14. Just curious, your VE06, is it the label error version? Says "fourth in a series" the later bottlings were corrected to read "fifith in a series".

15. The one I have on my FT list is a corrected version

16. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

Ill check and see if the is any 10 on the shelf tomorrow
    If there is ill ship it to you for cost
    No beer required in return
    There were a couple bottles the other day

17. Thanks SteelersX, but I found my 10s already. I appreciate your offer to help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.