1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ISO: Veritas 013 x2 ::: FT: BCBVS + Bramble

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by pmoney, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (600) Colorado Apr 15, 2011

I can swap Cherry Rye or Prop for the Bramble if you'd prefer that. Thanks for looking!

2. Whats the $ amount of a BCBVS and a Bramble?

3. Rotero24

Rotero24 Savant (250) California Aug 6, 2013

$ shouldn't matter too much with those 2 brews...Technically both were $20 each but that's not the value of them. Good offer OP

4. bvdubn

bvdubn Savant (305) Pennsylvania Dec 1, 2011

I thought vanilla was $35 most places when it came out. Either way I would think this should get done no problem.

5. Rotero24

Rotero24 Savant (250) California Aug 6, 2013

Well, Im going by what our recent GI event held in SF was charging for BCBVS...It probably was higher when it came out.

6. The $ amount does matter if its 2 Veritas at over $40 each for 2 $20 BC's. I would think all were equally as rare?

7. So 2 25 dollar brews that had higher release numbers are the same value as 2 40 dollar beers with a lower release number ?

8. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Yay another Chicago vs California battle.

9. BCBVS and Bramble were probably more like $15 when they came out. That matters zero at this point when trading these 2 bottles. As for whether they can fetch 2 Veritas 013, the market will decide that.

10. melliott2811

melliott2811 Savant (260) Arizona May 29, 2010

You are supposed to take 1/3 off of California beer values, so they're really the same when you do the math properly.

11. pmoney

My whole reason for creating this thread, of course. ;)

12. Its not your fault , you just made the offer. Ive seen worse offers .

13. bvdubn

bvdubn Savant (305) Pennsylvania Dec 1, 2011

Vanilla has traded pretty high for at least two years now and Prop went nuts this year. The OP said he would swap Prop for Bramble so I still think this gets done.

14. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Savant (305) Illinois Feb 28, 2013

no, it doesnt. figured it wouldnt be too long until this happened.

ft: bvdl iso: veritas 13 + pte x1

15. For the sake of my understanding. What would you say qualifies two extremely rare beers as equal or unequal in value? I have always been under the impression that quantity produced, original cost, and distribution (ie. one day only at brewery vs store distribution) are all factors, along with some other intangibles.

16. pmoney

Add a couple things to your list:

- The year it was released (2010 and 2011 in this case)
    - Ratings/reviews (100 rating for Vanilla. V013 has no ratings)

EDIT: Also consider the fact that people are signing up online and reserving 4+ bottles ('ve already seen people posting that they got 8+) of V013. If anyone has BCBVS left, I doubt they have more than one or two. Just another thing to think about.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  17. prdstmnky

prdstmnky Savant (420) Vermont Jan 8, 2010

I think its always a tricky thing when trading semi rare beers, where one is new and the other several years old. Its really tough to gauge that difference. I mean in this instance, we are talking about Vanilla. At the present time, just how many bottles are there (cause the initial bottle count is kinda meaningless). It is always easier to trade for a new beer than one that is 2 or 3 years old. How is it drinking? Getting better or worse?

Most factors (original production, cost, distribution, bottle limits) are fairly straight forward - the above is just a lot of opinions and guesses.

Just my two cents, I have no dog in the fight and hope this doesnt derail the thread even more.

Good luck OP

18. id say it would be like trading for Kobe. Really good, probably has only a year or two left.

19. pmoney

Also mods: I have no problem with all of this on my thread as long as you don't. For a Chicago/Cali trade-value conversation, it seems to be awfully civil! :D

20. grze

grze Savant (375) California Apr 17, 2012

Hahaha. I just wanted to say, that to me it's an awesome offer. If you would have a DDG to expand I would do the trade myself....

21. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (440) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

Agreed.

As you wish.

22. I think vanilla + choice of 2 between bramble/prop/cherry rye would be spot on, but that's just my $.02

23. Yes, but many stores in IL only got a case or two. We must, of course, exclude NY and the BC distribution outside of the state of IL. It never happened.

Also need to ignore all the events that pour the BC variants like Whiskey fest in Chicago which had case after case of BC vanilla on hand the past two years. We can expect to see V013 flood the market with a case going to all the big accounts. Just like what we saw with all the other Veritas releases.

24. I think everyone agrees that bvdl is alot more rare then all these beers and pretty much every other beer. Not a great example at all. Obviously there is a slight bias to value beers from your own area more then others but thats my own opinion i guess. Only one who might have a good idea about the trade value is the op since he knows how many offers hes gotten so far . Just my 2 pesos

25. Hahahahahahhahahahaha

26. Which I agree with all that, but I think you forgot to subtract out whatever has been consumed. So it's not like all those bottles are still available and nobody knows how much is still out there for trading. Thus, why the trade value remains high and why it is difficult to value against a new release.

I don't have any of the bottles in question, so however it works out is no skin off my back. So good luck OP!

27. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony Savant (265) California May 22, 2006

28. I swear it has to be a troll account.

29. Or four...:cool:

30. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Savant (305) Illinois Feb 28, 2013

rare? i mean they have made about 2200 bottles of it and will keep making more of it. in the grand scheme, thats not really that rare. look at grey monday...not far off on the price tag and only had about the same number of bottles made and trade pretty low.

31. Grey monday is also guranteed to Reserve members and haorders . While bvdl you gotta get a ticket to dld and then win the golden ticket while being lucky enough to be able to be early enough in your session to be able to purchase it. 2200 bottles over how many years now too? Grey monday was almost that its first year. Thats why i consider bvdl pretty rare and most other people too . Sadly haha .

32. melliott2811

melliott2811 Savant (260) Arizona May 29, 2010

BVDL doesn't come with scented wax though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.