1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

It's International Stout Day! What Stout are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by fujindemon74, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Savant (460) California Jun 25, 2012

I love all these new found holidays. ;) Happy International Stout Day Everyone!

Currently in the fridge: 2012 Parabola, 2011 Labyrinth, 2012 Stone IRS, Ballast Point Victory at Sea, Lost Abbey Serpent Stout, and a few Narwhal's.

Can't wait to start celebrating. Salud!

2. [​IMG]
    This is what I am going to have tonight.

robinsmv, nickapalooza86 and Fujii13 like this.
  3. Gonna drink this 2010 ORF and hope its not infected.

4. Today is a nice cold crappy day in MA to drink a big stout

fujindemon74 likes this.
  5. Picked up a stone/ironfist/kenschmidt mint chocolate today, can't wait to open that up.

6. Tombfyre

Tombfyre Aficionado (140) Ohio Aug 18, 2008

Just polished off a Bourbon County Bramble Rye...Have a More Jesus than Jesus up next...Let the festivities begin!!

7. I'd go for the '09 Stone IRS.

8. meanmutt

meanmutt Champion (820) Ohio Feb 6, 2012

I hate it when my beer drinking gets in the way of my beer drinking...:rolleyes:

9. Haven't had one with that much age on it yet, but I love this beer. Have had one with a year of age, and it was delicious. I imagine an '08 will be drinking fine. Only one way to find out though and what better day to do just that?

Lordquackingstic likes this.
  10. Blaecorn Unidragon and probably a Narwahl

11. I have a few Parabolas Ive been sitting on for a couple years. Maybe Ill open one today...and I was going to drink a Narwhal anyways, so today just makes it even more fitting.

fujindemon74 likes this.
  12. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Happens to be all of the time ... Like A Boss! :cool:

13. slim2043

slim2043 Savant (395) Connecticut Jul 23, 2012

Hmmm
    Got Old Rasputin, FBS, Narwhal, Heart of Darkness, Storm King orrrrrrrr
    This beautiful bottle of AleSmith Speedway Stout has been waiting for me to open it.... Is today the day?

14. bugdoc

bugdoc Savant (265) California Apr 4, 2011

Depends what Beer Rev has going on the taps today...

mattdbh likes this.
  15. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Savant (340) New York Mar 3, 2010

KBS maybe? It's been a while. old friend.

16. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (320) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

Apparently some chick that has named herself the Beer Goddess http://www.stoutday.com/stout-day-events Not sure how she achieved deification but whatever....

17. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

DO IT!!!

18. One I know I'll be having it Bitches Brew....and I may go get some FBS.

19. hopefully some "wide awake its morning" from FB

Powderhornphil likes this.
  20. SHIMP

SHIMP Zealot (85) Virginia Nov 16, 2011

Just had Town Hall 3 hour Tour

21. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (410) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

I started last night. After midnight I had a Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout then Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon. Tonight I'm gonna have Widmer Raspberry Russian Imperial Stout and I may be going to my favorite local beer bar who is having a Bell's night for Stout Day; they'll be serving Expedition, Java, Double Cream and more.

22. DonDirkA

If I don't go to 1702 (the bar) then I'll probably crack a Bitches Brew and MAYBE a 2011 WWS, but I feel like its too soon for that.

23. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Savant (340) New York Mar 3, 2010

I want whatever is in your profile pic :eek:

24. klaybie

klaybie Savant (275) Illinois Nov 15, 2009

Founders Breakfast Stout

25. Options today are Rogue Choco Stout, Ten FIDY, or Speedway. hmmmmm...choices. haha

26. DonDirkA

Its a local brew from Sonoran Brewing called I#ebri@tor Stout. Its pretty awesome.

DevilsCups and SnowFlowMfg like this.
  27. Is Abyss out?

DevilsCups likes this.
  28. In honor of International Stout Day, I am now slightly drunk on stout (Young's and Samuel Smiths Imperial). :)

slim2043 likes this.
  29. I have a Stone beer dinner tonight as well! No Mint Choc from the looks of it but damn that would be awesome! http://e.eintouch.com/commander/m/v.aspx?d=1-MIJ-1W4-1232J-IH0GGK

30. Bud Light

Tilley4 likes this.
  31. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (670) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

Jopen Houten Haarlemmer

A 9% oak aged RIS from Jopen. They've jumped on the limited release bandwagon that's taking hold of this wonderful continent. If this beer is any indication of the quality of their limited releases to come, then my choices just got a lot easier...

Enjoy your stouts kiddies,
    Jeff

32. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

i wasnt going to drink today because of too much last night... but i dont knowwwww, i do have that extra cbs laying around =\

dsal89 likes this.
  33. Tonight I plan to have a Picaroon's Timber Hog Stout, and maybe cap the night with a Young's Double Chocolate Stout. In between, I could have a St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout, but we'll see how the night goes.

34. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Think I've got a Ten FIDY, BCBS, and a Bramble lined up for tonight.

FosterJM likes this.
  35. stayclean

stayclean Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

It's not worth drinking anymore, just drop it off at my house. :rolleyes:

ABisonEgo likes this.
  36. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Went to my cellar and browsed my humble stout rack, eventually deciding to give out some love to my microbrewing friends up in Holland. I could've opened some big famous stout, but I really felt like having this one again. Say hello to Breugems Sprout. A 9% medium-bodied RIS brewed in celebration of the birth of the brewing couple's first son. It's not batting in the biggest leagues by any means flavor-wise, but it's gloriously balanced with roasted maltiness, light hoppiness, caramel, honey and dark fruits. Too bad they stopped making it, I'm holding on tight to my last bottle :)

[​IMG]

37. Something from Evil Twin most likely Even more Jesus, but first Diesel #2 at the Cascade dinner!

38. RRC87

RRC87 Aficionado (160) Minnesota Jun 5, 2009

Darkness just hit my town today, so I think I'll open one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.