1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

It's That Time of Year Again (Celebration Time)

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Patrick, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Anyone spot Sierra Nevada Celebration yet or is it stuck in a warehouse somewhere? It seems like it has rolled out for the rest of the country so we should see it before Christmas, right?

2. jomobono

jomobono Savant (410) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

I saw it at Wegmans last Saturday.

3. emannths

emannths Savant (435) Massachusetts Sep 21, 2007

Keep your eyes peeled for $14 12pks at Johnny's Foodmaster.

4. jomobono

jomobono Savant (410) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Yes! Before they shut down and become Whole Foods.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  5. Pick up 2 6-packs @ Wegmans in Northboro last Saturday. They didn't have 12 packs in yet. I thought $7.99 was a great price as well. Good Luck!

6. seplo

seplo Savant (455) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

I havnt seen any in CT yet...CHEERS

7. I prefer to keep my eyes peeled for $12.99 12pks at Martiginetti's in Brighton.

8. I've never had this one, ill have to try this year.

9. wut

Fluke828 and seplo like this.
  10. seplo

Its definitly one to knock off you list, i try to get this as much as i can...CHEERS

11. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Savant (280) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

Agreed ... interestingly I remember it was my go to beer in CT last year during the Halloween time week-long power outage ... haven't seen it yet this year during the similarly timed late October / early November power outage.

12. Its sitting at the distro right now they're waiting to get rid of all their Tumbler first

SunDevilBeer likes this.
  13. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

that's lame, have you heard anything about Narwhal in CT? I've been looking for both Celebration and Narwhal and haven't found either.

14. Supposedly its going out tomorrow but they got a very limited shipment so if you see it pick it up

15. seplo

This is exactly what i hate about CT, they leave new beer sitting in warehouses till the old crap is gone.These idiots need to learn about craft beer. It shouldnt be sitting there getting old,beer geeks like us want it as fresh as possible and we suffer cuz ppl dont know what to do.....BULLSHIT

Horbar likes this.
  16. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Do they have it yet?

17. bleakies

bleakies Savant (430) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

As of Saturday around noon there was no visible Celebration at Martignetti's.

18. $11.99 12 packs @ Colonial in Acton (usually in Dec) or $11.99 @ Market Basket in Nashua, NH on special (- sans deposit) are even better. Shame that we know SNCA is currently sitting in distro warehouses around Boston right now, waiting for Tumbler to be depleted.

19. pjs234

pjs234 Advocate (730) Connecticut Jun 29, 2008

Narwahl is around. Davey101 picked some up in Vernon and I had some on tap at Eli Cannon's on Sunday.

20. alamode

alamode Savant (340) Massachusetts Mar 25, 2007

Narwhal was still on tap last night at Eli's

21. Manchester Wine and Liquors has Celebration. Just grabbed a couple of 12 packs!

22. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

still hasn't shown up in Fairfield county.

For anyone interested, I talked to a guy at BevMax today and he told me friday for Narwhal and Celebration should show up on shelves in 10 days.

23. You'd think the distributors would learn and simply not buy so much Tumbler, the first year fine they didn't know how much would sell, but the 2nd and 3rd year?

I'll even give them the 2nd year, maybe it sold a bunch when new (although I remember seeing it sit around and around even back in 2010), so they ordered too much year 2. But come on now.

Horbar and Rekrule like this.
  24. picked up a 12pk today at julio's for $13.99 (they have 6pks as well), bottled 10/4. also snagged a bottle cantillon iris. they were already sold out of fou' foune and Cuvee St. Gilloise.

25. Premier Wine and Spirits in Fairfield has Narwhal and Backwoods Bastard

26. Saw Redstone has Sierra Nevada Celebration 12 and 6 packs in. Anyone see it in the Boston/Quincy area?

Ganglani likes this.
  27. Liquor Depot in New Britain has Celebration in 12 packs. I heard that the CT Beverage Marts should have Celebration by the end of next week, but in the meantime some of them already have Narwhal.

28. kinopio

kinopio Savant (410) Massachusetts Apr 30, 2009

Just bought some Narwhal at Federal Wine and Spirits in Boston but haven't seen Celebration.

29. Just arrived in Vermont today. T-minus 1 hour until first Celebration of the year. I'm quivering in anticipation.

franklinn likes this.
  30. I grabbed a 12 pack yesterday and its good but I don't see why it gets so much love, its nothing more than average imo.

31. It's excellent, and personally I think it's one of the more drinkable IPAs out there. As in, I could easily down six of them, just a well-balanced beer. That being said, it's seasonal release adds more to it's "OMG CELEBRATION" aspect than the beer itself. But for the price, consistency, and drinkability it's hard to beat.

32. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Did you get it at Hunger Mountain? I saw they posted they got some in today. I went to my spots in Waterbury and still none to be found :(. Really don't want to drive down to Montpelier, so I guess I'll wait for now.

33. City market in Burlington.

34. Amity in New Haven has 12 packs but no 6 packs

35. BigDog33

BigDog33 Zealot (85) Connecticut Apr 9, 2010

Same deal with amity hamden. $17 out the door.

36. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (585) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

I got mine at Shaw's in Berlin; don't know if the Waterbury Shaw's has it but Village Market probably does.

37. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Tried 'em all yesterday and again today, since I was driving past. Still nothing. Funny that Burlington, Montpelier, Berlin and Johnson (I think, a friend said he was drinking one, I'm assuming he got it in town) have it on shelves but NO where in Waterbury does.

Oh well, no sense in being impatient. It'll be here soon!

38. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Heard Redstone Liquors in Stoneham, MA has it ...

Ganglani likes this.
  39. Found it this afternoon at my local. Sessioning it at home this evening during dinner and college football watching.