1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

It's That Time of Year Again (Celebration Time)

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Patrick, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mendon wines and more had 12 packs as of friday 10/9.

2. Didn't see any sixpacks on the shelf or 12 packs on Sun. around 1pm. But the beer gods were shining on me as I found a lone six pack stashed in the corner on the floor of the cooler.

Ganglani likes this.
  3. Is it actually there now, or should I just be watching for it this week? I need to know, I'm dying for some Celebration!

4. Then please don't buy any more and save it for the rest of us. :)

5. I never plan on buying it again so no need to worry. :)

6. What!? They just tweeted that they got some in last Thursday I believe. Did you ask if they had anymore? I just find it hard to believe they sold out of Celebration that quickly. I am also assuming since it's a Sierra Nevada seasonal release they received cases of it. Word at the liquor stores in Cambridge/Somerville is that it's landing this week if you want more though.

7. Stopped at Marty's in Brighton/Allston today. Didn't have it in yet, but the guy at the counter said likely tomorrow, but definitely this week.

8. Lots of 12-packs in the cooler at Rapid Liquors in Stoneham today.

9. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Anyone see it at martingettis in brighton yet?

10. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

Heh. Last Tuesday I could only say that as of the preceding Saturday it hadn't appeared.

And look, here it is Tuesday and here I am to say that as of Saturday afternoon it till hadn't.

If it isn't in by this coming Saturday, I'll meet you here on the following Tuesday.

11. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

I stopped in, and they don't have it plus the guy working the floor had never heard of it.

12. xanok

xanok Savant (415) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

For those in CT, I've seen on tap at:
    The Barley Vine
    Eli Cannon's
    The Cask Republic

13. still waiting....any sightings yet in the south shore area?

14. Supreme in Quincy...$13.99 12pks

15. Just called Dubs in Mansfield, MA. $11.99 for 12 packs.

16. Looks like most of the South Shore is going to have to wait until next week from what I've heard, motherfucher

17. If anyone in RI is looking for it they have a stack of 12 packs at Bottles on Pitman St. in Providence.

18. yeah Tumbler as far as the eye can see here on the south shore!

19. Unfortunately I've had the same findings

20. I work in crown colony in quincy, so I drove over to supreme liquors and grabbed a six pack, they had maybe 5 or 6 cases of 12's and a few six packs on the shelf. now the hard part is waiting til after work!

21. saw it there yesterday. 10/4 bottling.

22. Timing is everything. 4 cases sitting on the floor, under 2 cases of Narwhal. After asking if okay, opened a case to grab as sixer. I went back today, 3 days later, no Celebration?

"We aren't putting them out til some of the other SN thins out, no room on the shelf".

23. I took this shot at the Whole Foods in Dedham last Friday. The full wall is taller, wider, and three or four 12-packs deep. Pretty impressive, actually. I suspect that they haven't sold out yet.
    [​IMG]

franklinn likes this.
  24. tankboy

tankboy Initiate (15) Aug 10, 2012

Finally got a six-pack here at Market Basket in Hooksett wasnt out on display in the store I had to ask a manager if they were gonna order some and low and behold he came from out back with some. They still had alot of Tumbler out probally trying to sell that.
    This is my first Celebration but not my last ill be buying this as long as its available my favorite seasonal by far blows away the Sam Winter Variety althought the Winter Lager is pretty good.

25. Just picked up my first sixer of Celebraish last night...I think it was mishandled somewhere...It wasn't that it tasted old so much as it just tasted way way off...Julian date indicates an October 1st bottling (or somewhere around there...leap year nonsense) I tried so hard to choke it down but ended up having to pour out half of it...so incredibly disappointed as I look forward to this beer so much every year...not gonna give up though...will be purchasing more elsewhere that is hopefully from a fresher batch...sucks to have wasted the dough however...
    /rant

Carry on...

26. wdarcy77

wdarcy77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Nov 27, 2008

I agree SN Braish wasn't nearly as money this year. Old bottles? Kinda concerning considering they're so on point with Celebraish. I'm sure the next batch will rock with bold flavors (24/7, 365. Open on Sundays!).

kinopio, Fluke828 and RKing44 like this.
  27. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poobah (1,060) Maine Sep 17, 2005

A guest tap at The Portsmouth Brewery today.