1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Ivan the Terrible

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by HuskyinPDX, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I see 99 Bottles has some. Any other sightings in Seattle?

2. punkhim

punkhim Aficionado (190) Washington Dec 22, 2011

Bellevue Total Wiine had some at the beginning of the week.

3. punkhim

Special Brews said they are for sure not getting it. I mention that since I know it's close for you...

4. Anyone see any recently(last few days)? Not interested in what anyone saw a week ago as I'm sure it's gone by now. Cheers!

5. punkhim

Bottleworks JUST tweated that they have it

6. Thank you sir!

7. Just cracked the case. Finally!

8. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Rhymes with "Deer Function" (limit 1)

9. honkduh

honkduh Savant (315) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

I got bottle #2107 :)

10. Bottleworks is sold out. :(

Smurf2055 likes this.
  11. draheim

This post should be a sticky.

12. They need a sign on their door reading: If it's limited release, we're sold out of it.

13. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (785) Washington May 12, 2005

Ha. This works in our favor on just about every non-rare beer though. You are significantly (300%?) less likely to buy stale nasty beer at Bottleworks as you are at all of the other highly touted bottle shops. I see some bottles on the shelf at A+ rated places that just make me shake my head.

14. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

They were talking about doing that with Pliny. Like with Lucy in Charlie Brown, just have a sign that says "Doctor Pliny is ____" and flip it whenever it is in or out.

15. draheim

Comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as I've managed to get my fair share of limited beers @ Bottleworks. You just have to hustle a little bit more than with some other stores. Depending on what it is, if something's put out on a Thursday or Friday it's almost certainly going to be gone by Monday (or a lot sooner). OTOH, I believe they did have Pliny the Younger on tap for the better part of a week this year.

16. Yeah, I was in a day or so before they tapped it and stopped by about a week later, and the PtY keg had blown the day before. Must be bad beer karma; still haven't had PtY and not because of lack of interest.

17. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Is this still hanging around anywhere?

18. call super deli mart, they should have some or call around to the less traveled good beer stores