1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jackie O's Release

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by crxy49, Feb 12, 2013.

1. AlexFields

AlexFields Advocate (530) Tennessee Dec 13, 2009

For the bottle share I should have Oud 15, 2010 Darkness, Mother Earth Silent Night, Colossus, maybe a Freetail sour or something else.

gpawned likes this.
  2. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I hear there will be Cantillons, Cascades, Black Tuesday, and plenty of others. Sounds like it will certainly hold its own against last year's bottle shares.

3. crxy49

crxy49 Disciple (70) West Virginia Nov 30, 2010

4. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Aficionado (245) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

Wondering about bottle limits and pricing. I am guessing bottle limits will be played by ear, but curious on price of CC7 and the Berliner. Monk and Oil were 16 in the past I believe.

5. normyk

normyk Savant (260) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

Cuvée is on in the public house

AlexFields likes this.
  6. AlexFields

And it's really good too.

7. AlexFields

...and cue the line for calendar pages.

8. When do they open tomorrow? Will people be able to still get bottles if you show up at 10am? These guys seem a bit challenged on communicating any details about their event.

9. pest

pest Savant (385) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

How deep into the calendar pages are they? I won't be heading down till morning.

10. DStoked

DStoked Savant (330) Ohio Sep 28, 2011

Same here. Trying to get an idea if it's worth driving down.

11. AlexFields

I *think* they're in early March but I didn't check so take that with a grain of salt. Not a huge crowd so I think anyone still considering the trip would be okay.

12. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

I'm drunk at or near Jackie os

gpawned, MarkIntihar, NABS and 4 others like this.
  13. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Hearing great things of Cuvee 7 via Untappd. Why have I never made the trip to Jackie O's?

Failure.

14. DStoked

I love this.

15. AlexFields

To help JR out with determining his location: two doors down from Jackie O's with a bunch of drunk motherfuckers finishing off some White Chocolate.

gpawned, MarkIntihar and Photekut like this.
  16. DStoked

Anyone from Cleveland, Columbus, or anywhere in between want a ride tomorrow early AM?

17. beace

beace Savant (300) Ohio Jan 18, 2007

march 21 is the current calendar page

NABS and AlexFields like this.
  18. pest

Thanks b-rad. We're almost there, roads in nelsonville suck. Just saw a semi rear end a jeep. We weren't expecting bad weather, drive safe!

19. pest

Just got here. 8:15 next calendar page is march 23

20. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Savant (280) Ohio Jan 8, 2012

Bummed I'm unable to make it out there today. :(

If there are any leftover bottles of Oil or CC7 after the initial run through the calendar pages and a Columbus-based BA is willing, shoot me a BM. I'd be happy to pay or trade for them.

I hope everyone who is down there has a good time....I attended for the first time last March and had a blast!

Patchmaster likes this.
  21. howopeeps

howopeeps Aficionado (175) Ohio Mar 7, 2011

Looking for one bottle of each. In Cleveland area

22. pest

Good work on the unannounced JO's vintage sale B-rad!

pyite and gpawned like this.
  23. AlexFields

It was announced on the blog in one of the updates, but yeah it's very cool. Non infected bourbon berry grove, yum.

24. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

Great release.

Glad to score a vintage bottle or two.

Thanks brad art and all!

crxy49, gpawned and MarkIntihar like this.
  25. NABS

NABS Aficionado (185) Ohio May 11, 2011

Someone that actually wrote them down can confirm or deny later, but if my memory hasn't completely crapped the bed on me, I believe it was $12 - Berliner, $14 Oil, $16 Monk, $18 Cuvee.

gpawned likes this.
  26. pest

Whoops, I only saw the outside breweries cellar list.

That's what I remember.

27. NABS

NABS Aficionado (185) Ohio May 11, 2011

^Thanks!

And, DAMN!, did I think I was happy when I came home after the last release! This time I got to run the gamut of release experiences, from line waiting, to calendar page getting (when you get there, not after wandering around like an idiot), to drinking tap brews, to the new facility, to the bottle share, to the breakfast, to release process. Sure seems like I was down there longer than the 22+ hours I was in town with all the fun jammed in there.

I can't believe the stuff with which I came home. (And if the released beers weren't enough, the vintage bottles were amazing! I'd say I was bummed about so many I missed, but I still can't believe what I did get.)

So many thanks to Brad, Art, and the rest of the Jackie O's staff. Much fun was once again had and I'm so glad (so much) of my money went to support this incredible brewery (and group of people). As Jim mentioned on the microphone (and while I don't have anywhere near the brewery exposure that he does), you could never want for a better group of people. Everyone, in my 2 experiences there, has been more than cheery and helpful.

I can't wait until the next release, but one of these times, I'm going to make it down there just to spend some time slowly perusing the tap list without any other distractions.

Thank you for a great day of beer enjoyment Jackie O's!

28. Cbusssted

Cbusssted Aficionado (155) Ohio Jul 3, 2012

Wow, what a fun release. I'd like to thank Brad, Art and the whole gang for a great event! It wouldn't have been anything without you all making it flawless. I can't wait to see how amazing this Oil is a few years down the road.

NABS, pyite, gpawned and 1 other person like this.
  29. AlexFields

So how about that razz berliner weisse

30. We had a fantastic time. Enjoyed the corned hash, I drank every beer on the menu, had a great time talking to Sean and Brad. Got to take my Canon 6d out for its first spin as well!

NABS likes this.
  31. normyk

normyk Savant (260) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

Great time. Nuted [sic] Birck Kiln is getting even better as it soaks. Raspberry Berliner was damn tasty. Crowd, such as it was, was excellent. Plus having a beer in the taproom at the brewery while Brad and Art and company are knocking about in the spotless beautiful new facility was wonderful. Didn't stick around for a whole lot of the tasting, but got to try a few gems. Fantastic couple of days.

NABS, tat2dhllblly and gpawned like this.
  32. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Fuck. Yes.

gpawned likes this.
  33. pyite

pyite Aficionado (205) Ohio Feb 25, 2013

Thanks brad, art, sean and everyone else for a great time and some great beer. Good to meet a few of you as well