1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jack's Abby Love

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MVP09, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (400) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Polished off a bottle of Hoponious Union while having pizza. I forget how f-ing good this beer is. Kiwi Rising was awesome too. So can't wait for ABCS

MarkIntihar and ScottieD like this.
  2. Cool thread.

JA is the tits though

3. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Savant (250) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

I love their beer especially smoke and dagger! I really want to try their cascadian schwarzbier!

4. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (615) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

My favorite brewery in the last five years.

5. RichD

RichD Advocate (715) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

I have yet to have a beer by them that I don't thoroughly enjoy. Definitely one of my favorite breweries.

LOCAL likes this.
  6. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

I've got a couple Private Ryes and a Cascadian Schwarzbier on hand right now, but yeah, I like all their stuff.

7. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (385) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Cant wait to try the barrel aged smoke and dagger at night of the barrels!! Whats ABCS????

8. ScottieD

ScottieD Savant (430) Connecticut Jul 30, 2011

I totally agree. Hoponious Union really rocks. Wondered what an IPL would taste like. So glad I tried it. It was exceptional.

9. RichD

RichD Advocate (715) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

ABCs is their double IPL that they've brewed. I personally can't wait to try it!

10. MVP09

Yea the Private Rye surprised me. Not a rye fan and was not expecting much but it was excellent. Only one i was not a huge of was Saxonator only because it tasted too much like a quad. But still a quality beer. Living in Mass and being able to pick up fresh bottles in shops less than 2 weeks old is awesome.

Looking forward to BA Framinghammer plus Lawson's and DC Brau collabs

11. ejeffer11

ejeffer11 Savant (315) New York Feb 15, 2008

anyone know if they distribute to western mass?

12. They're all over the Pioneer Valley, not sure about farther west.

ejeffer11 likes this.
  13. ejeffer11 likes this.
  14. MattOC

MattOC Savant (320) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

Totally agree that Jack's Abby is great. Love Hoponius Union. Always a go to when nothing else catches my eye when shopping especially fresh. Kiwi Rising is excellent too. I didn't have enough of it when it was around. Looking forward to the ABCs as well. Sadly, the brewery is only about 20 minutes up the road from me and I haven't made the trip. Always wanted to try the Framinghammer Baltic Porter. It's only on tap though.

15. MVP09

Went to brewery once straight forward tasting room. Prices are better I think hop was like $3.99 and Kiwi was under $5 I think. If u follow FB page they update frequently. BA Framinghammer is to be bottled ABCS too as we'll as both Collabs are to be sold in Mass.

16. Up until last night I had only had Jabby Brau. Hoponius Union and Smoke and Dagger both were on deck last night though. Awesome stuff.

Being a lager fan more than ale, this brewery is a dream come true.

17. Here is a little more information for those interested in our upcoming beers.

• Bourbon Barrel Aged Framinghammer Baltic Porter is being bottled next Friday and will be released that day in the brewery and will hit distribution the next week.
    • The ABCS is our new Double India Pale Lager that uses Apollo, Bravo, Calypso and Simcoe hops. It is scheduled to be released April 4th. This beer will be around 100 IBUs.
    • Maibock Hurts Like Helles is being re-released April 11th.
    • Our collaboration with Lawson's will be out the 2nd or 3d week in May. We are not announcing a lot of details on this beer yet but it will be brewed in our brewery, feature maple syrup, will be a lager, and will be released in both Massachusetts and Vermont.
    • We are also working on a collab with DC Brau that will be released for the ACBF.

18. MVP09

Awesome, saving the dates now.

19. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (570) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

I hope they're brewing Leisure time Lager again for the summer, it's great!! I drank a ton of it last summer.

20. Leisure Time Lager is going to be our summer seasonal, available from May-August in 4-packs.

tehzachatak and Horbar like this.
  21. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

I'd been hearing great things about Jack's Abby and I picked up a 4-pack of Hoponius Union when I was in MA last weekend. I wish I had bought more. I think I'm going to have to head back down for some of that Baltic porter.

Jnorton00 likes this.
  22. Be careful with Framinghammer I finished most of my growler in a night and yeah

hammered

23. The map should be updated through December.

24. MattOC

MattOC Savant (320) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

This. Thank you very much Jack's Abby. Great info.

Boomblaze likes this.
  25. Any chance Bbl framinghammer showing up at NOTB?

26. Damn, havn't found Kiwi yet! Everything else has been superb.....great local brewer pushing boundaries in their own direction.

27. Kiwi comes out in November and dissapears fast, worth seeking out big time.

28. I agree it should be, but it's not. On a quick count without thinking hard about it I came up with six stores I've bought JA from in that time frame which are not represented. I don't generally drink in bars, but I watch the tap listings at one local place online, and JA has been there too (and is right now according to their website), but they're not on the map, either.

29. I need to make a slight correction on the release date for the Barrel Aged Framinghammer. We had some shipments delayed because of the snow which pushed our production schedule back a few days. We are now bottling it next Monday. There will be a sneak peak of it at the Extreme Beer Fest Saturday sessions.

Horbar likes this.
  30. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (385) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Saturday sessions? Oh man that should be perfect for night of the barrels!!! How about it huh?!!!

31. :[[[[[[[[[ No NoTB?? it's barrel aged!

32. So I'm guessing none will be available at the brewery Saturday?

33. deanhead

deanhead Savant (490) Vermont Sep 2, 2005

I have seen it at Ryan and Casey's in Greenfield.

ejeffer11 likes this.
  34. Loved the private rye, gonna have to search some more out.

35. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (715) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

Great experience visiting the brewery last weekend. Stopped at Aztec Restaurant for lunch and hit the brewery after, which is pretty much around the corner. Nice people, great beers and you can't go wrong with free samples!

36. Cascadian Schwarzbier is awesome! Had it last night and will def. buy more. Also have a growler of the barrel aged saxonator waiting in my fridge. I'm pumped for barrel-aged framinghammer in bottles too! Great brewery with terrific price points.

Keep up the good work guys!

Jnorton00 likes this.
  37. I've been wanting to try the Cascadian Schwarzbier since I first heard about it last summer. Do you know if it's available in bottles or on-tap anywhere, or was that just at the brewery? Thanks!

38. Got their standard 16.9 oz bottle from the brewery - not sure about availability in stores right now. But guessing it will be available shortly.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  39. It has been in stores for a couple of weeks now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.