1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jade.....to be bottled.

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by brstls4drmrs, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Jade will be in bombers by the end of the month. Good stuff! Wish it was available by this weekend. Nevertheless, great to see foothills continue to expand their bottle selection.
    APBT91, nUgZ, brother_kenneth and 3 others like this.
  2. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

I was surprised to see 6 packs today ... knew they were coming but still. I kinda figured Jade bottles couldn't be far behind "standard" 6 packs.
  3. Oh hell yes.
    nUgZ, Lantern and ASUBeer like this.
  4. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Are all y'all coming to ORF? Hoping to meet you....
  5. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Nice, love Foothills.
  6. Likewise. I need a lawyer.
  7. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Maybe by next year's release........if I pass these exams and then the bar!
    VncentLIFE likes this.
  8. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

Good to hear. No offense to Foothills, but I thought Hoppyum was mediocre at best. I had Jade, Papa Jade, and Little Foot on tap at the brewery and all blew their previous IPAs out of the water. Frostbite was quite good as well.
    wolfeman007 and nUgZ like this.
  9. Today just got a little brighter!
    Lantern likes this.
  10. Apparently Jade will be very limited in distribution.
  11. I really hope they land before the 21st so I can take it back to the guys at the Parrothead in Shelby, OH.
  12. hey a like for a post thats not cynical and sarcastic!
  13. nc41

Maybe bottling it will make it more consistent on the QA side. When it's on it's superb.
  14. hey guys/gals, jade is going to be bottled, but it wont be by the end of the month. sorry, not sure how that got out there. we will let you know when we are getting closer and have a date to shoot for.
    Thanks, jamie
    kwakwhore, flipdog0, nUgZ and 2 others like this.
  15. Thanks for the info jamie. I believe the date came from the email that was blasted out this past week. FYI.
    winbassett likes this.
  16. Great to hear, it's by far my favorite of their hop-forward beers
  17. Awesome. Had this for the first time at the ORF release and was blown away. Please send some to New Bern!!
  18. I actually didnt get it because ya know, there was like jackie Os, Westy 12, Wild One, and others being handed to me;)
  19. touche; there was a lot going down and the jade was quickly forgotten, but MAN it was tasty! :)
  20. as was ORF, but I only had like 4 ounces of my pour.
  21. You had the westy too? This was my second and quite different from the first time I had it. The first one I had wasn't as fresh. But still good.
  22. didn't even get a pour of ORF. Took a taste of a buddies, but figured my best laid plan was to go for the jade and the SC.
  23. Actually I didnt, but i saw it on the table i passed.
    my best laid plans went straight to hell in a hand basket when the guy in front of me in line (I got in at 7 am) offered me a taste of my first beer of the day at 7am. It was Beatification.
    Bluecane likes this.
  24. interested in trying Jade. I haven't been the biggest fan of Foothills, with the exception of SC & Peoples Porter, but have been hearing good things about it. I would love to find a hoppy beer from Foothills that I find to be better than mediocre...
    benjaminahudson likes this.
  25. FWIW, this one may just be that beer. It is amazing.
  26. A six pack of fresh jade would be awesome. I'd have a hard time considering buying anything else.
  27. Had jade for the first time at ORF. Very impressed. Will be looking for somebody to send me some!
  28. Any info on whether this is going to be six packs or bombers?
  29. Had Jade for the first time at Foothills on Sunday, definitely impressed. While it falls short of Heady/HFS IPA's, it is definitely the best NC IPA I have tried.
    DaveONan likes this.
  30. You've just described 97.36% of hoppy beers brewed. Love some Jade, it will definitely be in my regular rotation once it's in bottles.
  31. thats not saying much. NC can brew one hell of a stout, but theyve got a ways to go in IPAs. a certain few (Foothills and Olde Hickory) have started to get it, but most are lackluster.

Ive had a few non distributed that were good (Fullsteam One Hop Rye Apollo, FRESH Big Boss High Roller on draft, and Bull City Burger Morven's Alley) and worthy of this thread, but you cant really find them unless you come to RDU.
    DaveONan likes this.
  32. Word on the street is bombers.
  33. How did you feel about Pacific Reign? I really enjoyed it and am definitely looking forward to Jade being regularly available in this area.
  34. Im friend with a bar, and we get each other whatever beer we can find. They sent me 3Floyds BrooDoo, Rivertown Lambic (which was fucking amazing), Head Hunter, HOTD Adam, GLBC CHristmas, and some random glasses.

I decided to grad them, so far, a Pacific Reign (to open when im back home December 22), ORF, and other assorted locals. Big Boss Aces & Ates is on the list. Its a great relationshop. I love the guys at the Parrothead in Shelby, OH.

so no I havent had it yet, but I will next weekend. Yes im driving 500 miles to try a beer thats from my state.
    tlh1005 likes this.
  35. Yeah, guess I'm spoiled. ;)
    Let's put it this way, I would take Jade over Sculpin any day.
    kwakwhore and nUgZ like this.
  36. I agree, lots of work needed on the NC IPA front. I haven't had the Bull City IPA, but the other two are far from comparable to Jade or any other highly rated (non-NC) IPA available in NC.
  37. For what it is worth it seems like the NC breweries have gotten the hint between, iterations of Jade, changes to Rocket Science (I have not had it yet), Pacific Reign, and it looks like Big Boss is debuting a DIPA as well. I think we're in for some good times in the next month.
  38. A couple quick thoughts...

1) One Hop Rye IPA isn't trying to be a juicy West Coast style beer. It's an autumnal single hop rye that's spicy and lemony. Sort of comparing apples and oranges. Er, lemon and grapefruit?

2) The "changes" to Rocket Science were returning it to its original 2010 recipe. In 2011, we were too small of a brewery to secure Centennial and Amarillo hops. We tried substituting 7Cs (a hop blend), but we were unhappy with the results. So we stopped making the beer. Now that we're bigger, we can get these popular hops, and we are able to brew Rocket Science as we originally intended. It's still a smooth-but-citrusy American IPA, which may not be left-coasty enough to peak the rate meter. I'm cool with that. We're not trying to be a West Coast brewery; we're trying to be a Southern brewery.

Cheers!
    Sean
  39. Thanks for the info Sean, I can't wait to try the new, old Rocket Science again!
  40. nc41

Jade and Hoppyum are the best in state stuff, both can be amazing. Nothing else is close.